GBA-DS problem, please help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by virustwin, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010

GBA-DS problem, please help by virustwin at 4:30 AM (1,033 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. virustwin
    OP

Newcomer virustwin Newbie

Trinidad and Tobago
    I have my iplayer cart and an 8gb microsd card. the emulator runs fine but i can neither save in game or with the save states. in game, i can save the game but it disappears once i reset/shut off the console. when i try to save state using the emu, it says 'write failure press a to try again or b to cancel', and that's it! i have searched all over but i can find no answer, although, some ppl have reported similar issues. thanks in advance

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    disappearing save states is a known issue, you are going to have to wait until they release SCDS2, assuming they improve the emulator at that point.

3. virustwin
    OP

Newcomer virustwin Newbie

Trinidad and Tobago
    that sux. thanks for the reply..

4. stuffnflufff

Member stuffnflufff GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have the same problem, except the save states dont give me an error. though my saves still dont exist after reboot.

5. stuffnflufff

Canada
    hey guys, just thought about this, because in the save state its an rts, doesnt that mean power NEEDS to be supplied to keep the save data? (kinda like in cartridge systems) maybe thats why im unable to save. its there if i go back to it through the menu, but if i FULLY SHUT OFF and turn the iPlayer back on, its gone.

6. Matthew

Member Matthew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Try formating the card or trying with one from a different manufacturer, I have a cheap, crap 2gb no brand one which works fine. If that fails try recoping system firmwarea dn Iplayer firmware. You could always reflash.

7. stuffnflufff

Canada
  8. Omega_2

Member Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Yeah, you should reformat it, sounds like a file system issue to me.

9. stuffnflufff

Canada
    I find that the game only saves (the in-game save stations in say metroid ZM and F) only actually save IF i go back to the iPlayer menu first. if this is a hardware problem, oh well, as i realized that my iPlayer had a broken spring for the MSD card, so im replacing today (hopefully ill get my new one by friday.) If its a software thing, can you guys just save and shut it off?