GBA Backup Tool - VBA

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Kirak, Nov 2, 2009.

Nov 2, 2009

GBA Backup Tool - VBA by Kirak at 7:27 PM (2,411 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Kirak
    OP

Newcomer Kirak Newbie

United States
    Hello, This is my first post here at GBAtemp, Although I've been looking around for a few months.
    Now, Down to the subject.

I have downloaded the Gba Backup Tool, Dumped a Rom & A save, when I loaded them into VBA, The game started, But when I select "Load" (Emulator Menu) it gives me an error. Also, If I load the file as a battery, It works, until I choose to continue, Instead, It just says "New Game".

Details:
    Games Tried: Boktai, and Megaman Battle Network 6.
    Save type: EEPROM
    Emulator: VBA
    DS cart: R4

Any help would be great,
    Signed, Kirak.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Could you post the save file from GBA Backup Tool along with a .sav file created by VBA when starting a new game? Because it's an EEPROM save, perhaps the order of every 8 bytes is flipped when being dumped.

3. Kirak
    OP

Newcomer Kirak Newbie

United States
    Yes, I'm not sure that VBA made a sav when I used it, I told it to load the battery. (The SAV from the GBA cart.) Would that make a difference? (Not sure, Just checking.)
    Link To Sav Files

4. Okami Wolfen

Member Okami Wolfen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same exact thing happens to me when I try to use EZ-Flash 3in1 saves on VBA. I used AKAIO's built in GBA loader to use my saves when I start the game, and backup my saves when I end it.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=8437

5. DanTheManMS

United States
    The "BOKTAI_U3IE00.sav" file is nothing but empty data. If this is what GBA Backup Tool gave you, then that's your problem. You could try Eepinator (dump the save file twice for EEPROM saves, no clue why).

6. Kirak
    OP

Newcomer Kirak Newbie

United States
    Hmm... Interesting.... I'll try EEPINATOR when I get the chance, Do you think, Because the Boktai save is from a Bootleg Cart, (Yea...) that it may have a problem?
    Both the saves are my younger brother's, We tested it on his. (The Megaman save isn't a Fake.)
    Thanks, I'll post results soon.

EDIT: I've Added the Boktai Saves from EEPINATOR, (Yes, I double dumped.) And here's what I got:
    Boktai Sav From EEPINATOR
    My Hex Editor says there's only 00's throughout the entire file.......Again. Oh well.

EDIT #2:
    I have done some work, And it looks like, The Boktai game may not work, But, I have a copy of Megaman Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, I've dumped the save and Rom, But, I need to change the .GSV file format (GameFAQ's) to something I can import to VBA. I've tried trimming the file headers, But VBA just spits out an error. Also, I have a Gameshark cheat that'll give me what I need. (Bass Title mark for use with DS) But, I can't get the Battery file to have the cheat active, Even after I save. (Battery, And In-Game)
    What'cha got?

7. DanTheManMS

United States
    I'm afraid I'm kinda out of my league here. The only real thought I had was the every-8-bytes-flipped idea. =/