GB on Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by PhoenixTaylor, May 29, 2013.

1. PhoenixTaylor
    OP

PhoenixTaylor Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2013
    i know this is stupid but i want to play some GB and GBA games on the vita. I only got my vita on monday and its running 2.12
    Is there any known exploits to be able to do this yet? I have looked around and everything i read requires a lower update.
    Can anyone give me a definitive answer please? I am assuming these jailbreak sites are all fake as they all require to take a survey before you can access the date.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you CAN NOT DO IT (yet)

when the next exploit is found, a VHBL should come out
    the should let you run some usermode PSP MODE HOMEBREW
    but
    you are better of getting a PSP and hacking that for PSP homebrew

3. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    Should be a sticky that says just buy a PSP.

4. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Go to wololo.net and wait for the release of the game you need to BUY and DOWNLOAD from the PSN then don't update and wait for the hacked files for the game for VHBL. There isn't a jailbreak yet but there is a PSP mode hack called VHBL look it up.

5. sirocyl

sirocyl Are we Geniuses or what?

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2012
    United States
    To be fair, a Game Boy emulator wouldn't be a totally impossible or infeasible thing to make using the PSM SDK. GBA would be a stretch, though.
    The homebrew on PSM SDK, runs on high-level, managed C# code through a slow-as-balls Mono JIT, and has limited memory and processor speed.
    However, 3D graphical capabilities are roughly on par with the Dreamcast, if you take advantage of the graphics APIs.
    It's an environment for making games, not emulators, and it shows.

6. Aqua1234

Aqua1234 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2013
    Canada
    Save yourself the trouble, it is more complicated and you must be really patient to have that on the vita. If you want to do all of that, you should just get yourself a PSP, hack it and viola.

7. FireSeel

FireSeel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2013
    I saw a nes emulator running through that method, but it had about 2fps.

EDIT- Found youtube video

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I don't think that 128MB unified RAM (which is how much you get in PSM) plus even a quarter of the PSVita's horsepower is not enough for a GBA emulator to be honest, it's hardly a stretch.