GB Color - backlight installation in UK?

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Quackington, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Quackington
    OP

Quackington Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    Hi all,

I've been meaning to buy a Gameboy Color recently, and whilst there are lots floating around on eBay, none of the new/refurbished ones seem to have a backlight installed. Also, I've found a nice crystal case one that I'd like to get a backlight fitted in. Are there any decent places in the UK that will put this together, or is there anyone on this board that can do it? I would, of course, pay for the service...would just like a decent job done, and hopefully as close to backlight quality as the brighter, GBA SP (AGS-101, I think).

If anyone knows where I can buy new/refurbished pre-modded ones, that'd be great.

Thanks.

2. Mickkn

Mickkn Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2012
    I didn't know that it was possible to backlight mod the GBC. Only frontlight... guess i'll follow this thread :)

3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Indeed you can't. As far as I know.

I suppose you're mixing things up, as the GBC can't be backlit, but only FRONT LIT, like the good ol' GBAs.

That means you will have a result similiar to the first GBA SP.

4. Quackington
    OP

Quackington Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks guys. So, does / can anyone here provide such a service if I get a GBC? Or do you guys know where I can get this done in the UK?

5. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    Why not make a project out of it?
    I'ts more fun, i promise :grog:

Instructions, here and here

6. Quackington
    OP

Quackington Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    Hah. Thanks for the links...but I'm totally clueless when it comes to these things. DIY? No way!

7. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
  8. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
  9. Quackington
    OP

Quackington Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks, I've seen a few already. Thing is, I'd like to get one with a transparent case. I'm going to see if I can get a pre-modded one and then get someone to do a case swap for me. Also, I've had an offer of a mod on here, so will consider it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice