Gave Softmii a try...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kurisuellegarden, Feb 4, 2009.

Feb 4, 2009

Gave Softmii a try... by Kurisuellegarden at 3:44 AM (1,806 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Now I'm wondering if I can use AnyRegion changer to revert to the original 3.2U clean install?

Because...I really do not like the black menu that was installed so, I was thinking about redoing it and just skipping the last SoftMii tweak step. =]

Any help please? I prompt response would be nice.

Ok, I fixed it!!!

I fixed it using a system menu wad file for my Wii (289) and got it back to normal now! =]

Now, if anyone else runs into the same problem I do. I hope you guys read this post!

So...yup! happy.gif I'm off to redo the hack WITHOUT the final step SoftMii tweak.

2. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Well just go to the preloader menu and go to hack settings and where it says show backmenu make sure it says disabled and it should show your original start screen.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Actually, I think it's preloader itself he doesn't like.

Guy, go to the option for autobooting and set it to autoboot systemmenu. Now you won't see the black menu when you start up unless you hold reset on the Wii while booting.

4. I didn't mean backmenu, I meant there is some custom theme that was installed for the dashboard type thing which makes my cursor black and green, the Disc Channel Black, changes the health menu when you start up, and the bottom bar. =]

Sorry that I wasn't clear before.

5. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    no i think they installed the CSM file. Yeah just use ARC again then preloader then install cios30. and dont do the tweak tool step

6. DarkLG

United States
    Oh ya do what digity said to do.

7. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Oh, my mistake, I completely forgot about that, as I deliberately skipped that step when I installed.

8. DarkLG

United States
    I'll install CSSM when it comes out.

9. Ah! Thanks! I just was afraid to use Any Region Changer in case of a brick! Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm waiting for Fors menu too! I stick to the Menu Patcher on my Wii! Right now, I'm doing a friends Wii. =] So...It wouldn't be good if I bricked it tonight.

10. That custom system menu is still there. D:

Any other ideas?

11. digitydogs

United States
    ARC should have overwritten it.... thats just crazy if it didn't... unless you installed the .app file...
    Oh yeah came up with a new way to install system menu and ios etc that does not require the use of a wad file.... will be posting that in the next day or so after i get above 10 systems on pal and ntsc successful...

12. I installed the .app file with the Tweak thing...

Anyway to fix that? I was going to maybe try to see if wufe would get a sysmenu file off of my smash bros game.

Oh, that sounds great. =] Doing that without a wad file sounds pretty good. What benefits do you get with that?

13. DarkLG

United States
    Digity if you need any testing done Pm me I'll test stuff for you.

14. digitydogs

United States
    Redo without using the .app file. the .app file is CSM [​IMG]

15. I'd test but I have only one Wii so I really shouldn't risk anything. o_o I don't want to go out and buy another.

I'm still waiting for all my files to get off of the Smash Bros game. o_o

Posts merged

Yeah but I ran the region changer and the custom menu is still there. o_o

I didn't run it again or anything! It must hate me or something...

16. Ok, I fixed it!!!

I fixed it using a system menu wad file for my Wii (289) and got it back to normal now! =]

Now, if anyone else runs into the same problem I do. I hope you guys read this post!

So...yup! [​IMG] I'm off to redo the hack WITHOUT the final step SoftMii tweak.

17. Jizmo

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just use the tweak tool and install one of the 00000042.app or 00000045.app files to match your region.

That will get rid of the CSM colors

OH, i see he's already gonna redo everything again when all he had to do was install a 0000004x.app file

18. Oh no. That's not it. I didn't WANT the custom styled menu. I was trying to get rid of it. The reason it was there was because I installed that file. I overwrote it with an original system menu.

19. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes however that file was bassically the system menu. It was a modified System menu. Either way by simply installing an unmodified 0000004x.app file the system would revet to normal.

20. Ha! xD Well I guess I overdid it then. I just went ahead and installed a whole systemmenu because it was easier to find.