drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Does anyone here have a Japanese 3DS with working Gateway exploit (it can be Gateway, MT-Card or a clone though)? Here's the kicker though

I need someone who has Pokémon X version 1.2 update already downloaded. Obviously you can't access the eShop now without updating to 8.0 and you can't update to 8.0 without completely breaking the EmuNAND. This poses a problem since my 3DZ file of Pokémon X I made for redeeming Japanese events won't work online without the newest title update being installed.

I only need someone to do me a quick favor, it will take no more than 5 minutes once you've downloaded the save from me, just that the event code I've got is region-locked to Japanese systems so I can't do it from mine.

I had previously found a volunteer, but he didn't have the title update installed and thus isn't able to help :(

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i think i have the 1.2 update installed... :)
i'll check now

and, as you can imagine, most people here do NOT have a japanese 3ds, plus gateway, plus the update. :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, you're in luck, i have the update installed (pokemon y) (plus the one for monster hunter), only those two so that's great in this situation.
i wasn't sure since, a while ago i went into that menu in 4.5 (so, NOT in emunand), and what happens is that since the tickets for the updates are only stored in the emunand, the 4.5 nand sees that there is a problem and deletes the update data/dlc/whatever you downloaded :) (so, don't go into that menu in real nand ;))

so, what will we be doing? what are you going to send me etc ;)

--i see you said pokemon x, but i think i read somewhere that the saves are compatible... i'm 99% certain i read that. but if the reason is that you want the pokeon x specific pokemon (say, you recieve different pokemon from the code depending on your game, that might be a problem...)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok, you're in luck, i have the update installed (pokemon y) (plus the one for monster hunter), only those two so that's great in this situation.
i wasn't sure since, a while ago i went into that menu in 4.5 (so, NOT in emunand), and what happens is that since the tickets for the updates are only stored in the emunand, the 4.5 nand sees that there is a problem and deletes the update data/dlc/whatever you downloaded :) (so, don't go into that menu in real nand ;))

so, what will we be doing? what are you going to send me etc ;)

--i see you said pokemon x, but i think i read somewhere that the saves are compatible... i'm 99% certain i read that. but if the reason is that you want the pokeon x specific pokemon (say, you recieve different pokemon from the code depending on your game, that might be a problem...)
Yeah I think it only deletes them if you go into data management on sysnand......also if you ever picked format system whilst in either emunand or system NAND , your sysnand and emunand will have completely separate content so it won't even see the other nands content no more to delete it

As for the saves, it's not that X&Y. Saves are cross compatible, but the Saves is cross region compatible, so a US save can be used on a EU rom but not a X save on Y

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah I think it only deletes them if you go into data management on sysnand......also if you ever picked format system whilst in either emunand or system NAND , your sysnand and emunand will have completely separate content so it won't even see the other nands content no more to delete it

As for the saves, it's not that X&Y. Saves are cross compatible, but the Saves is cross region compatible, so a US save can be used on a EU rom but not a X save on Y

ah thanks a lot for that! yeah i thought there was some sort of compatibility, i didn't even think about region stuff, sure ok.
and hmm about the formatting thing, i know i can format my enunand and make it have a unique folder on the sd card, but i have a game bundled on my 3ds, and if i do that i won't be able to use it on emunand...
although to be honest, i've never opened that game anyway hahaha, but still, i might want to one day... :) but thanks for the reminder

if i were to backup the sd card with the emunand data, going into my real nand, the stuff gets deleted, would i be able to simply restore the stuff back on the sd card?
i would think so, because apart from the sd card, the real nand doesn't have access to the emunand data

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah just have a backup of the SD contents and you can always restore them at a later date, the emunand will retain it's tickets even if the content is missing, so it will immediately work when you copy them back on......and if you want to be extra safe you can backup the emunand partition with emunand tool so you can always go back to the NAND with the valid tickets to use the content (handy if you ever accidentally update emunand to a incompatible version like 8.0 and need to format) funnily enough my 7.2 emunand got corrupted the other day (not sure why just stopped working and froze on home screen) but luckily I had my 7.1 emunand backup so I still had all my eshop content

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
funnily enough my 7.2 emunand got corrupted the other day (not sure why just stopped working and froze on home screen) but luckily I had my 7.1 emunand backup so I still had all my eshop content
hmm i'll make a backup of mine just in case then :)
you say emunand will keep the tickets even if the content is missing, sure ok, the only way to get rid of those tickets would be to format? no other thing i would have to worry about?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmm i'll make a backup of mine just in case then :)
you say emunand will keep the tickets even if the content is missing, sure ok, the only way to get rid of those tickets would be to format? no other thing i would have to worry about?
Not that I can think of apart from manually going into data management and deleting them XD
And yeah it keeps the tickets as for all it knows you just took the SD card out for something :P or switch between them if you have eshop content downloaded on separate cards

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup