Gateway team and Cobra team are the same ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Disizdream, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Disizdream
    OP

Disizdream Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    France
    Unless it has been known before, I think I just discovered something :

I have an email address used for very specific things, and I know exactly to who I gave it.
    I contacted the Gateway team a few months ago to get a sample product and they added my email address to their mailing list.
    Each time a new update for the Gateway has been released they sent me an email about it.
    But now I'm starting to receive emails about Cobra ODE updates...

So I suppose we can jump on conclusions....

crazygamer007 likes this.
  2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Because we all know emails are completely private except to their recipients, and people/companies never share email addresses, right?

3. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2010
    No its the supplier not the company that produces the product that sends out the updates.

4. TheBlueSky

TheBlueSky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    It's freaky, the same thing happened to me and I had the same thoughts. I don't know what Cobra products do, I don't even own a console and have never followed console hacking.

I sent an email to Gateway team before and I keep getting the updates on that email address. However today I must have gotten second or third email in the form of updates for some Cobra thingy that I don't even care about.

The email from s.a.l.e.s.[a.t]c.o.b.r.a.-.o.d.e.com

5. Disizdream
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    France
    Well at least there is a link between them...
    Moreover the mail sent from both team are very similar in style and in contents...
    So they are may be not the same team, but it seems they have the same person who write emails and the same mailing list.

6. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Ugh.... smh, this is exactly why Neimod closed his flicker, cuz ppl start "speculation" like how neimod is Legacy.

Wait, lemme guess, Gateway is also Neimod because they both use the same exploit? So Cobra, Neimod/Legacy and Gateway are all the same people....

All of this happening in the same week of 3 Steam announcements....

WAIT! 3 different people who all share 1 life... + Valve Steam Announcements...

3 + Life + Steam...

Mind = Blown

[​IMG]

IronClouds and shakirmoledina like this.
  7. Disizdream
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    France

OK then, just close this thread please. I found the facts interesting and I thought that maybe someone would have more informations to confirm or deny them, but whatever...

8. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Don't listen to Vengence, he posts that in pretty much every thread. A discussion is fine, but pure speculation isn't going to do anyone any good. If your thread is going to be titled "Gateway Team and Cobra Team are the same," provide more evidence than receiving an email from Cobra 3 months after giving your email to Gateway.

2ndApex likes this.
  9. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library

The half life 3 part was a joke, but the speculation part i was being serious. No one likes to be accused of something especially if you can't prove it (You didnt even show the email). Hence Neimod closing his flickr. I would say email them asking if they are Cobra but they seem to be screening emails due to everyone emailing them about everything from updates to new features everyday.

I resent that, i've only been posting it this week only in honor of valve (2 times tops):tpi:. One of these days it might be true you know. Loosen up and have a little harmless fun :grog:

10. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    Hey IMO Half-Life 3 is the best speculation going on in this thread...lol. Now for some wild speculation I emailed WiiKey team and asked them for information or a release of new info on the WiiKeyU and they DIDN'T answer me, which surely means that a release is going to stealth occur any second now...lol.....damn I wish it would or they would at least give us an udpate. Unlike Gateway (when they first went public) WiiKey is an established team that has made products for like 6 years so I don't think they would have announced hacking the WiiU drive encryption without having done it, but they have had no news since July so no idea when we will see a WiikeyU device.

11. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

Can you send me a link to get a Gate Way 3DS test card please & thank you in advance.

12. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You're a few months late if you want a free Gateway. You'll have to pay like most of the rest of us.