Gateway save-progress loss

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by usernametaken, Jun 15, 2015.

1. usernametaken
    OP

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Just a heads up, as far as I know this is only a problem for Rune Factory 4. But if hit 10 monsters at once, it can crash the game / lock up the system forcing you to hard shutdown.

This will result in all save progress being lost since the last time you exit the game. xD

2. Scarlet

Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    The reason for the save not staying is because Gateway writes the save every time you close the game or power off the system. The issue in-game seems pretty stupid though, just try to hit fewer monsters xD

3. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    By the time you hit end game, there's a way to have your weapon swing distance cover most if not all of the screen. Soo.. <_< >_>

Just gotta be more careful lol.

Scarlet likes this.
  4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I've never experienced this problem ever even with games that auto save what is it people like you do when you want to save your progress?

5. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Any other game that doesn't have the glitch or issue Rune Factory does, just save normally & I guess w/e you're done playing gateway will make the save progress permanent once you close the game.

For this game, i'll just close it w/e something significant happens, instead of leaving it on in standby for a day of play at a time. lol

6. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    You could use a CIA of it, would fix it mostly (saving, not crashing)

usernametaken likes this.
  7. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    That's true, but while the glitch is game breaking, it's not that game breaking for me. Just because by the time I experienced the glitch, i'm near the end of the game & not sure how many more hours i'll put into it. xD

8. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Alright, was just a suggestion.