Gateway Red Card not working?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hellhacker1990, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Hellhacker1990
    OP

Hellhacker1990 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    Hi all,

Received my Gateway finally and after setting it up, I think my Red card is faulty. During diagnostic unless I press on the back of my original 3DS the FPGA will fail and the SD card will also fail. If I press on the back, it passes, when booting GW mode I have to hold the back of the 3DS to allow it to boot into emunand. When I finally get into emunand I have to press the back in the same way for the microsd card to be read and when I try to select a game it ends up giving a read error. When i don't press the back it gives me the microSD card not ready error

I've tried the following:
    • Force FPGA update (which was successful)
    • paper/tape on the back of the card
    • tried different microSD cards, different formats etc.
    Has anyone got any advice as to how to proceed or should I get in touch with Playmods.co.uk to return it and get a new one?
    Thanks in advance.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    probably best return it, any attempts to fix it would only be advisable if you where out of warranty

Hellhacker1990 likes this.
  3. Hellhacker1990
    OP

Hellhacker1990 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    Yep thats what I thought, Thanks very much though. Playmods have already replied to me so a return will be sent tomorrow.