Hacking gateway or Sky3DS?

forevercc

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it seems gateway 3ds is better than the sky 3ds. sky 3ds updates everyday and every day. i am so tierd of the updating. :wacko:
dont ask me why prefer GW. i dont know....

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems gateway 3ds is better than the sky 3ds. sky 3ds updates everyday and every day. i am so tierd of the updating. :wacko:
dont ask me why prefer GW. i dont know....
I don't have one but you know you don't have to update unless something isn't working.

forevercc

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, i know. i said the official website updated almost every day. you know, i think it is too complex to me..

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes its 31 per SD card however they did not say this was a bug or mention it would be fixed at any point.
They could have just designed their product better to use the same method all normal flash carts use, they just didn't to help obfuscate the money making scam that was their 10 game limit.
If their cart wasn't so backwards it wouldn't require a template file or a custom software. (All of which are just DRM components for their cart)

Reactions: Margen67

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes its 31 per SD card however they did not say this was a bug or mention it would be fixed at any point.
They could have just designed their product better to use the same method all normal flash carts use, they just didn't to help obfuscate the money making scam that was their 10 game limit.
If their cart wasn't so backwards it wouldn't require a template file or a custom software. (All of which are just DRM components for their cart)

I have the email from [email protected] saying its a bug.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope the template is actually required, it holds information required to boot each different game, and its not like they encrypted its format or anything, the layout has been pretty much mapped out and all the info it uses appears to be needed for the cart emulation process.....granted they probably could of just had the cart read the template from the microSD or something.....but i think we can all see it was a product literally just rushed out the door with no real care or attention put into the design or function....it is what it is, i wouldnt buy one, but i already have a 4.x console and gateway card, im sure people who where waiting for a year for gateway to support 4.5+ where probably just glad to get something even if it was a botch job :D

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait a few days before making a decision. Gateway is promising their update within days (perhaps today or tomorrow for XMas?), and once its out you can make your decision. IMO if Gateway delivers what they've promised, then its the superior card, no question.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds.

Why?

Because it's a real thing. Not a rumor or something to be sitting around all holiday waiting for.
While Gateaway fanbois are on here hitting F5 all day and waiting to play games, im on my Sky3DS actually playing games!
The card works. And, better than what most are saying here, Sky3ds team works to improve this card practically daily. Every limit that the card had 2 weeks ago, is now fixed.
Gateway has been promising stuff for more than close to two months. Im not #teamsky or #teamgateway. Im #TEAMREALPLAYNOW.

As for the '31 game limit', it will be fixed in the next update.

How do I know that?
Because, everything they said they would do, they did. Longest wait time on promised fixes has been on average less than a week and a half. Not months and months of air and promises.
If the thing could play games from other regions, it would be a near perfect card.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, if I were Gateway I would hurry up and make a move.
Because if DSTWO releases a 3DS card......it will be over for Gateway in terms of maximum sales potential.
I still use the older dstwo card because it's reliability and support is legendary.

Im just saying.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Boi, making a product like GW isnt done in a minute. It needs time and dedication. Also the DSTwo+ is just a freaking rumor.
But tbh GW was, is, and will be the best card ever. emuNAND, homebrew, region free,... way more superior than Sky3DS.
You say we are sitting on our asses while waiting for GW, yeah, keep thinking like that. Don't come here saying that Sky3DS likes to ripoff ppl and shouldnt have bought their products, JUST like R4i :3

Anyways, this is my opinion, and I believe Sky3DS wouldnt be real without GW...

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boi, making a product like GW isnt done in a minute. It needs time and dedication. Also the DSTwo+ is just a freaking rumor.
But tbh GW was, is, and will be the best card ever. emuNAND, homebrew, region free,... way more superior than Sky3DS.
You say we are sitting on our asses while waiting for GW, yeah, keep thinking like that. Don't come here saying that Sky3DS likes to ripoff ppl and shouldnt have bought their products, JUST like R4i :3

Anyways, this is my opinion, and I believe Sky3DS wouldnt be real without GW...

Erm NO.
Just plain no on that. Particularly the last sentence.
Sky3ds is already "superior" because it doesnt need an OLD machine with older firmware to work. No bait and switches with various colored flashcards and secret exploits that easily 'undone' when you hard-reset the system. You just pop the Sky3ds card in your latest firmware machine (yes that includes the NEW 3DS models) and your games just work. While I most definitely agree that the Gateway card, once you get all of that stuff working properly, is more feature rich. It's still dependant on the user having a machine that is inferior (as in older) or contingent upon the user having to find a 3ds with older firmware. I can still get on the E-shop, internet, update all of my games (even the ones on the Sky3DS!), and every single firmware update WORKS with Sky3ds. Period.

......now, if Gateway somehow magically can get their cards working on the latest firmware, I will gladly and proudly rescind all of this.
And, yeah I'll probably pick one up too! Again, im not #teamANYbody in this. I just want the best possible product.

D

Deleted User

Erm NO.
Just plain no on that. Particularly the last sentence.
Sky3ds is already "superior" because it doesnt need an OLD machine with older firmware to work. No bait and switches with various colored flashcards and secret exploits that easily 'undone' when you hard-reset the system. You just pop the Sky3ds card in your latest firmware machine (yes that includes the NEW 3DS models) and your games just work. While I most definitely agree that the Gateway card, once you get all of that stuff working properly, is more feature rich. It's still dependant on the user having a machine that is inferior (as in older) or contingent upon the user having to find a 3ds with older firmware. I can still get on the E-shop, internet, update all of my games (even the ones on the Sky3DS!), and every single firmware update WORKS with Sky3ds. Period.

......now, if Gateway somehow magically can get their cards working on the latest firmware, I will gladly and proudly rescind all of this.
And, yeah I'll probably pick one up too! Again, im not #teamANYbody in this. I just want the best possible product.

Your argument goes up into smoke when sky3ds is blocked next firmware. Meanwhile us GW users will happily keep on tugging with emunand

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get an MT card, you won't have to worry about when an update is going to be released, you don't have to worry about if it will work with the latest firmware.

IT JUST WON'T.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your argument goes up into smoke when sky3ds is blocked next firmware. Meanwhile us GW users will happily keep on tugging with emunand
You do realise that people say this with every fw upgrade and the thing is still working. Folks have been saying this the last 3 upgrades.

NaviInside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think we should be neutral here.. dont be a fanboys either Sky3DS or GW... I think both has plus and minus.
Afterall eventhough either Sky3DS or GW is blocked in "next" ( or another Next ) update, we just simply dont
update it until GW/Sky3DS say it is safe to update it. Heck, if I can get either GW or Sky3DS, I can put 10 games
or more, I can play it for few months, I am happy enough. I can wait patiently until they update it. Also not
everyone here has both products to compare it by themselves. No used to fight between us as users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...