Gateway Omega Compatibility Chart - Help Needed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by qUaK3R, Mar 30, 2014.

1. qUaK3R
    OP

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    After talking to Cyan, we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be necessary to do a list like this, because there are few games that have issues running while trimmed or super trimmed. So basically, if a game has problems running with super trim, we just add the information needed HERE, on the bottom of the page. So far, we only found a handful of games that couldn't run with super trim or normal trim, and being on Sysnand or Emunand makes no difference, so I admit is kinda pointless to make a chart that big as I as thinking.

But anyway, thanks for those who were willing to help :)

So, Let's keep this short, I made a very early version of this chart, so people can just check which games work, and if they work without emunand, trimmed, not trimmed, etc.

But I need everyone's help, I think the chart could use some improvements, that I don't know how to do, I'd like to have the Game column sorted alphabetically automatically, the first 2 rows protected against editing, and maybe some other stuff added.

Anyone can edit it, but I made a copy of it, so don't bother messing with it, unless you want this to have an invite only editing.

So, after 10 minutes, I made it invite only. If you want to help, I'll need your google mail adress, just send me a pm.

Here's the Link

If this goes forward, as soon as everything is in order, I'll edit this topic to make it cleaner.

Remember, this is also useful to check if you're having trouble running the game in some way.

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    I don't recommend publicly editable documents. Just ask drfsupercenter.

3. krzz

krzz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    France
    You don't need a "compatibility chart", just use no trimmed games and everything is working well.

jrr6415sun and dagro like this.
  4. qUaK3R
    OP

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    This is an early version, as soon as some changes are made I'll save copies, at some point I'll make it invite only. Right now, I just want it as easy as possible to anyone who wants to check it and make some experiments :)

I don't have a 128 GB card, so the more trimming I can do, the better :P

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Empty

Apr 19, 2010
    Greece
    I added 3 Games Digimon World,Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Hero Bank.
    I also thought about making something like this but it's not necessary.

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Wait what? Layton vs Phoenix Wright works trimmed, but not untrimmed? How does that make sense?

7. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    That's inaccurate. It works both trimmed and untrimmed.

The issues as to why it works on some and not others is yet unknown. For example. Poke X/Y might get a fragmentation issue but this is solved by using GW's rom splitter or downloading it again. So there are many reasons as to why some roms don't work. Saying that it works trimmed for you and not untrimmed is invalid and inaccurate.

8. qUaK3R
    OP

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    Again, this could be useful to someone to check if they are, for example, having trouble running a game super trimmed, they check the table, and see that someone was able to run the game like that. It probably can be solved just by rewriting the game to the micro sd card, instead of going directly to the clean version.

It's not a matter of absolute necessity, and it's not supposed to be a place to check if the games don't work, but on the contrary, to check if the games worked somehow.

9. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Empty

Apr 19, 2010
    Greece
    Yeah I guess you are right.
    Arras when I tested out Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney clean I got a fragmentation error but when I trimmed it,it was working just find sorry for the misunderstanding.
    And good job on the contributes so far and Quaker.

10. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
  11. qUaK3R
    OP

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    *Sigh*, trolls can't see something nice :(

Link updated, with invite only document.

12. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    That's what the chart said, I didn't try it (I don't even have a Gateway or any other 3DS flashcart).

13. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
  14. qUaK3R
    OP

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    Well, I didn't know about this, but it's a good idea. Better then mine xD I'll try to talk to him, and add what we have already in this spreadsheet

Snailface likes this.
  15. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    I have a few That I can add to that list.

16. qUaK3R
    OP

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    I've talked to Cyan, he'll see about the possibility of creating a wiki entry when it's possible. Meanwhile, we can edit this one, and use it like a temporary chart.

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The spreadsheet is not needed.

Games have exactly the same compatibility in both sysNAND and emuNAND.
    Only the trim feature is maybe relevant, but it's easy to understand :

Card2 type games : NEVER TRIM THEM!
    Card1 type games :
    - Trim works fine with ALL games.
    - Super trim works for most of them. Only a few don't. if you want to make a list, just list non working games.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_flashcarts_game_compatibility#Trimming_compatibility

or better : NEVER super trim!

18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Who tested Layton vs Wrigth?

I'm pretty sure trimming works fine.
    simple Trim should work with all games except CARD2 (because it's using this area for saving purpose).

Only add games to super trim list (when you are sure it's a trim issue).

Please, don't misinterpret games not working because of FAT/exFAT compatibility ("fragmentation etc.") with trim compatibility.

19. michyprima

michyprima GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2014
    Italy