ROM Hack Gateway/NTR & Windows App

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions if anyone can help, I am not well versed on gateway cheats and ntr plug-ins. I know lots of gateway cheats are converted to plugins via gateway2ntr, but is there a way to view plugins and or extract the gateway codes allowing me to add them to another plugin, that or combine two plugins, I have one for like Dragon Quest 7 and there is 4 plugins all with different codes, I understand everyone wants to make there own and stuff but come on. So can anyone enlighten me on apps I can use on my computer to view plugins, edit plugins and or combine them.

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions if anyone can help, I am not well versed on gateway cheats and ntr plug-ins. I know lots of gateway cheats are converted to plugins via gateway2ntr, but is there a way to view plugins and or extract the gateway codes allowing me to add them to another plugin, that or combine two plugins, I have one for like Dragon Quest 7 and there is 4 plugins all with different codes, I understand everyone wants to make there own and stuff but come on. So can anyone enlighten me on apps I can use on my computer to view plugins, edit plugins and or combine them.
You've for two options, but I'll answer your question first: no, there isn't a way to do what you want to do. I'd know because I've already looked it up. Iirc, once it's in .plg format, there isn't a way to edit it, at least as of... November? I think that's when I was looking around. That said, you've got two options:
1- Just use multiple plugins. In MHXX, I currently use 3 different plugins, simultaneously. One is triggered by Select, the next Select+R, then one through the NTR menu (X+Y). If the plugins you're looking at use different access methods (for lack of a better phrase), you can probably use them simultaneously. Just use trial and error to see what works and what doesn't.
2- See if you can find the codes you want and make your own plugin using GateShark->NTR or @Nanquitas ' latest plugin tool that just loads cheats from a .txt file. Sadly, that means you'd have to find source codes or make your own, but, again, there's no way to roll back from a .plg afaik.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: OfficialFBomb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: