Hacking Gateway MicroSD Limitations

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 3,688
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Hey guys, quick question, I've read that the Gateway only supports 32gb MicroSD cards. Is this correct? Apologies if this is common knowledge.

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Quoted from gateways website (cant post link for obvious reasons): "Also did you know: with Gateway 3DS, you can fit over 10 times 10 games on a single 128GB microSD and conveniently select them from a fancy multirom menu!"

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using sandisk ultra 64GB microsdxc with exfat and it works fine, so I think there's no reason a 128GB wouldn't.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
IMO its better to have a bigger sd card and install on that

Takes up less space
I'm confused. I thought you can only store games on the red cards MicroSD card. Can the SD Card also store games?

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i bought me a 64 gb micro sd card and i want buy me a 64gb sd card for my gateway 3ds. i think this is a good idea for user there have a lot of roms

D

Deleted-188346

OP
If they are converted to cia format then they can be installed like eshop games
So, for example, Super Smash Bros. could be converted to the .cia format and installed as if it was an e-shop version?
Is this supported for all games?
Are game freezes or glitches more common with this method, or, are there any downsides?
Does this mean that the red card isn't needed?
Cheers.

Sparks43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, for example, Super Smash Bros. could be converted to the .cia format and installed as if it was an e-shop version?
Are game freezes or glitches more common with this method, or, are there any downsides?
Cheers.

Red card is still needed to launch emunand atm

Some games havent worked for me but id put it down to finger trouble rather then anything else

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you must have the red card for starting the gateway emunand for the first time after an update. so the red card is needed.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
you must have the red card for starting the gateway emunand for the first time after an update. so the red card is needed.
But is the Red Card otherwise not needed, except for the first time after an update? Or is the Red Card always required to boot into the emunand?
Also, in the case of installing games to the SD Card with the .cia method, what file format should the SD card be? Exfat, I assume?
Is there a guide for this?

Thanks for all the help.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cheers.
You only need the empty red cart there in the slot.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
You only need the empty red cart there in the slot.
Oh, I think I'm understanding now. The Blue Card is just for updating, but the Red Card and SD card is the only thing required in the console to run the roms, correct?

Nope, I'm silly. Seems like if you turn the console off, the blue card is required when using the System Settings > Other Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile exploit, and then the red card can be switched to.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the blue card is for installing the exploit on the fw 4.0-4.5 . you can start 3ds rom with the red card and when you installed .cia files with the sd card too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?