Gateway EmuNAND Transfer Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I am thinking about transferring my Gateway EmuNAND to a larger capacity mSD card (Currently using 8GB mSD in my N3DS). Anyway, what are my options as far as card size and how to transfer EmuNAND? I know there is a sticky guide on here and I briefly looked at it, but concerned about the graphical glitch where it won't display GW in front of the Firmware version on EmuNAND... What do you guys think on how I should proceed? Thoughts/help appreciated :)

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    1. Create a new emuNAND on the new SD card (put launcher.dat on it, go to the Gateway menu and choose format emuNAND)
    2. Use emuNANDTool to backup the emuNAND on your old SD card
    3. Use emuNANDTool to restore the backup to the new SD card
    4. Copy all files from old SD card to new SD card

Done :-)

cvskid likes this.
  3. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Wow, thanks :)
    Where do I get the emuNANDTool?

Update: I found the EmuNANDTool, but page says I need a hard-modded 3DS to use? I am confused...

Last edited by Skeet1983, Apr 5, 2016
  4. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    You can also use OTPHelper, Emunand9, and any other NAND backup programs.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
    I like emuNANDTool since it's really easy to use. You put your SD in the computer, run the program, and select restore or backup. If you choose backup you get asked where you want to save it, if you choose restore you get asked where you want to get the backup from, and that's it. Other programs could be independent of computers though, and you might like that better.

6. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Ok, after I format EmuNAND and everything, how do I go about updating it? Is it still safe to update EmuNAND and also use Gateway?
    Also, when I put the new mSD card in my N3DS, it gave a message saying "Could not detect a microSD Card. The software on the microSD Card could not be displayed". What do I do?

7. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I am formatting EmuNAND now and was going to update it after. Before I update, is 10.7 still the latest FW? Wanted to confirm that before I go through update... Thoughts/help appreciated :)

8. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany