Hacking Gateway Emunand 9.9 - Any cons?

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to play Smash and install updates and stuff but it requires you to be on emunand 9.9 which is very annoying. I've heard the multi-rom option was broken in Gateway emunand 9.9. Is that true and is there anything else I should know? How would the multi-rom option being broken affect me when I want to play my games on my Gateway? Thanks.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's good conformation. Thank you. I just need to know if there's anything else I should worry about if I go to 9.9 emunand. Like will I have to do Ninjahax over again (I'm assuming I do). Will anything be affected by the emunand and etc.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's good conformation. Thank you. I just need to know if there's anything else I should worry about if I go to 9.9 emunand. Like will I have to do Ninjahax over again (I'm assuming I do). Will anything be affected by the emunand and etc.
It depends on what version you're using. If your emuNAND is on 9.x, all you have to do is pop the new launcher.dat in your SD card, update emuNAND via system settings, and you're good to go. You won't need to reinstall any exploits. You might lose access to browser injection exploits, but I can't think of any other drawback (and that's only assuming you're under 9.5).

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what version you're using. If your emuNAND is on 9.x, all you have to do is pop the new launcher.dat in your SD card, update emuNAND via system settings, and you're good to go. You won't need to reinstall any exploits. You might lose access to browser injection exploits, but I can't think of any other drawback (and that's only assuming you're under 9.5).

Thank you for the reply. What do you mean by browser injection exploits though? If it comes down to it I can just format my emunand and go right back to 9.2.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply. What do you mean by browser injection exploits though? If it comes down to it I can just format my emunand and go right back to 9.2.
Some people have made exploits that allow you to cheat in certain games. For example, you could open up the game Pokemon Shuffle, open the browser to the website that hosts the exploit code, go back to your game, and find that you have max lives and currency.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH THOSE. Ah okay, I don't need those. Thank you. I'll be updating to emunand 9.9. I just hope it doesn't mess up my Ninjahax 2.0 or affect anything relating to it.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Formatting emuNAND won't bring you back to 9.2, it'll delete all your data, but it'll remain on 9.9.
Formatting emunand using the gw menu (not the same as doing a system format...) will revert your emunand to whatever version sysnand is.... (because, formatting emunand makes a copy of sysnand in the emunand partition)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte