Gateway Emunand 9.9 - Any cons?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lockerzpoints2, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Lockerzpoints2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    I've been trying to play Smash and install updates and stuff but it requires you to be on emunand 9.9 which is very annoying. I've heard the multi-rom option was broken in Gateway emunand 9.9. Is that true and is there anything else I should know? How would the multi-rom option being broken affect me when I want to play my games on my Gateway? Thanks.

2. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    I'm on 9.9 and multi rom works for me though I only have 2 games on it.

3. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    Well that's good conformation. Thank you. I just need to know if there's anything else I should worry about if I go to 9.9 emunand. Like will I have to do Ninjahax over again (I'm assuming I do). Will anything be affected by the emunand and etc.

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It depends on what version you're using. If your emuNAND is on 9.x, all you have to do is pop the new launcher.dat in your SD card, update emuNAND via system settings, and you're good to go. You won't need to reinstall any exploits. You might lose access to browser injection exploits, but I can't think of any other drawback (and that's only assuming you're under 9.5).

5. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the reply. What do you mean by browser injection exploits though? If it comes down to it I can just format my emunand and go right back to 9.2.

6. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Some people have made exploits that allow you to cheat in certain games. For example, you could open up the game Pokemon Shuffle, open the browser to the website that hosts the exploit code, go back to your game, and find that you have max lives and currency.

7. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    OH THOSE. Ah okay, I don't need those. Thank you. I'll be updating to emunand 9.9. I just hope it doesn't mess up my Ninjahax 2.0 or affect anything relating to it.

8. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Formatting emuNAND won't bring you back to 9.2, it'll delete all your data, but it'll remain on 9.9.

9. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    They probably meant injecting an old NAND.

10. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    Yes. I have my old NAND backed up.

11. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    Also formatting brought be back to 9.2 emunand lol

12. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    Formatting emunand using the gw menu (not the same as doing a system format...) will revert your emunand to whatever version sysnand is.... (because, formatting emunand makes a copy of sysnand in the emunand partition)