Gateway compatibility e-shop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lafleche, Sep 5, 2015.

1. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi,

What is exactly the problem with the latest e-shop titles that keep Gateway from launcing them as 3ds-rom?
    For example the latest picross e6 stays at the 3ds logo screen and needed to be 'crackfixed' and installed as cia.
    I just did that with some idiot-proof walkthrough but have no idea what I am doing.

So why can't gateway start that game? Is that something they can't fix or do I need to be patient and wait for new version of GW-firmware (difficult!!! :-))

2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Didn't they fix that with update 3.4?

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    nope, that was a AP check that is used on newer retail carts, the eshop issue is down to encryption, here is a good explination of why gateway cannot "fix" it
    basically newer eshop games use a additional layer to their encyption, its down to the dumper to retrieve the seed (extra key) from their nand and create a crypto fixed version

samiam144 and lemanuel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice