Hacking Gateway Cheat Support ETA

D

Deleted-19228

In before "Soon (tm)" jokes.

But seriously, i won't be holding my breath. ARCODE is pretty damn convenient already (well only on O3DS i guess)

With custom firmwares and CIA installation being a thing now, their business would have taken a big hit.

I was there biggest fan because i love the convenience of 3DS files (i can use my android phone to download and copy 3ds games to my gateway microSD) but can't see them hanging around for much longer.

You already got ninja'd

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if gateway is going to implement homemenuhax, so that we can load gateway by just booting up the 3ds (instead of loading the browser or system settings exploit).

Also all the new exploits for 10.X make me wonder if gateway's going to come out with a way to run gateway on systems higher than 9.2.
Gateway 9.2 support started when ninjhax got released. Support for higher firmware versions isn't a big deal for anyone on who's on 9.2, but still it would be big news for gateway.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gaytewait features list:

-We are working on GBA/DSi VC game support and should be released soon
-We are working on cheat support and should be released soon
-We are working on 9.5+ EmuNAND for N3DS and should be released soon
-We are working on a brick code for DSTwo+ users and should be released soon

GAYTEWAIT Team
sig'd

loco365

Trophies
XP
I wonder if gateway is going to implement homemenuhax, so that we can load gateway by just booting up the 3ds (instead of loading the browser or system settings exploit).
If homemenuhax is able to obtain kernel access, then it'd probably be used as an exploit vector on 9.3+, which hasn't happened yet, so this is an absolute longshot.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also all the new exploits for 10.X make me wonder if gateway's going to come out with a way to run gateway on systems higher than 9.2.
Gateway 9.2 support started when ninjhax got released. Support for higher firmware versions isn't a big deal for anyone on who's on 9.2, but still it would be big news for gateway.

Highly unlikely we will see GW support for 9.3+. Ninjhax was simply an entry point that allowed GW to achieve arm9 access with the ability to execute code. So far there have been no concrete mentions of even arm11 access being achieved via *hax 2.x, so it is extremely unlikely GW will suddenly come out with a 4.0 that runs on 10.x.

mgrev

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If homemenuhax is able to obtain kernel access, then it'd probably be used as an exploit vector on 9.3+, which hasn't happened yet, so this is an absolute longshot.
i think he means homemenuhax on 9.2 or lower. i saw a member post this earlier in another thread, not sure if it was him

Last edited by mgrev,

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he means homemenuhax on 9.2 or lower. i saw a member post this earlier in another thread, nut sure if it was him
It wasn't me who posted on the other thread.
homemenuhax should be possible as an entry point on 9.2 and under, anything over 9.2 is a stretch. Even if gateway has some method of getting it to work on 10.x, it will be a long time before we see it.

mgrev

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It wasn't me who posted on the other thread.
homemenuhax should be possible as an entry point on 9.2 and under, anything over 9.2 is a stretch. Even if gateway has some method of getting it to work on 10.x, it will be a long time before we see it.
ik, btw i just saw a typo in my post: Nut instead of Not

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaytewait features list:

-We are working on GBA/DSi VC game support and should be released soon
-We are working on cheat support and should be released soon
-We are working on 9.5+ EmuNAND for N3DS and should be released soon
-We are working on a brick code for DSTwo+ users and should be released soon

GAYTEWAIT Team
Gaytewait? How mature :glare:

And this so-called "Gatewait" gave us game loading, region free, a 7.x encryption solution, >4.x support, emuNAND, cia installs on >4.x, and an myriad of other features before anyone else. But of course, people like you are going to be brats and look for things to bitch about all the time regardless of what they're given.

Last edited by Ericss,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gaytewait? How mature :glare:

And this so-called "Gatewait" gave us game loading, region free, a 7.x encryption solution, >4.x support, emuNAND, cia installs on >4.x, and an myriad of other features before anyone else. But of course, people like you are going to be brats about things and look for things to bitch all the time about regardless of what they're given.
Not to forget they even gave option for free to everyone to downgrade from any firmware under 9.2 to 4.x and use cfw and you can create emunand, later cfw improved a lot with rxtools.
After all they did a lot of good work which i respect them, even though i havent bought a gateway card.

Reactions: Ace001

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to forget they even gave option for free to everyone to downgrade from any firmware under 9.2 to 4.x and use cfw and you can create emunand, later cfw improved a lot with rxtools.
After all they did a lot of good work which i respect them, even though i havent bought a gateway card.

This 100%. Everyone likes to bitch about Gateway's "$80 DRM Cart", but seems to forget that the ONLY thing you actually needed it for was rom loading. Everything else was available via CFW with a rather short (compared to, say, the ps3) delay after GW released their launcher. That and you can execute the exploit, back up your nand, create emunand, and dump games and saves with JUST the launcher file and an entry point, no hardware needed.

Reactions: Ace001

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway introduced all that crap before 3ds was even on smea's radar. They did use the entry point yellows8 discovered tho, or was it ichfly? Also there was that guy with the Flickr account ;-)

Last edited by justinkb,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that Gateway felt the need to brick clone users but didn't think of requiring a GW cartridge to downgrade or create emuNAND. That would have slowed down the CFW scene by a large margin.

Not really? The CFW thing is entirely software based and likely would have happened anyways even without their code once they released their product. Proof of an exploit that can be examined and played with will inevitably lead to the exploit becoming publicly developed and used. Clones, on the other hand, are copying GW's proprietary hardware and making money off of their work, whereas CFW is 100% free. It may take some revenue away from GW, but at least it doesn't divert it into the other developers' hands.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay