Hacking gateway 3ds online?

seifyboy2842

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys ive brought a 3ds it came with a gateway all set up,the person i got it off said he never went online.i want to go online on pokemon x with my friend but i dont want my 3ds being banned ive heard that you need a private header or something?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah you need to dump a private header from another 3DS cartridge then add it to your games.

Optionally since you are on the 9.2 or lower firmware you can set up CFW/ Emunand and install games as CIAs. these play online just fine without fixes

seifyboy2842

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah you need to dump a private header from another 3DS cartridge then add it to your games.

Optionally since you are on the 9.2 or lower firmware you can set up CFW/ Emunand and install games as CIAs. these play online just fine without fixes
can you send me a link on how to do this please?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys ive brought a 3ds it came with a gateway all set up,the person i got it off said he never went online.i want to go online on pokemon x with my friend but i dont want my 3ds being banned ive heard that you need a private header or something?
You can use BigBlueMenu.3ds to install any games you want to play online onto your home menu. If you play them this way you won't be banned (cia games have no header).

You could also install CFW and have all your games installed this way, and not need your Gateway cart. If you are on an old 3DS, follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/. If you're in a new 3DS you'll need a different tutorial.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Wait, all the private headers I've inject into my ROMS on my CFW, was wasted time...? I didn't need to do it...?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait, all the private headers I've inject into my ROMS on my CFW, was wasted time...? I didn't need to do it...?

If you've been injecting headers into .3ds ROMs that you've then converted to CIA, you've been wasting time, yes. But if you've been using said .3ds ROMs on Gateway or Sky3DS directly, then no, you haven't.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you use CIAs the header is generated using the consoles hardware id + the games info, so far no reports of Bans using CIAs unless you cheating online etc

So yeah lol

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
When you use CIAs the header is generated using the consoles hardware id + the games info, so far no reports of Bans using CIAs unless you cheating online etc

So yeah lol
I meant .3DS files. So, It wasn't a waste after all... Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1