Hacking Gateway 3DS and later game releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know this. There could be ways around it. As stated in the other thread, I'd really appreciate it if you stop spreading false information, with confidence. It's quite misleading to potential new members to the scene.

I know this and you know this as well. You may have stocks at Gateay though and I understand you don't want people to understand they will need Gateway 2 available in one year, compatible with games launched 6 months earlier and blocked by newer firmware.

This cat and mouse game will go on and that's why piracy will be very low on 3DS. Only the geekiest nolife can keep up buying so many different devices every 6 months. Mass piracy is ala DS and PSP is dead.

Reactions: NEP

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this and you know this as well. You may have stocks at Gateay though and I understand you don't want people to understand they will need Gateway 2 available in one year, compatible with games launched 6 months earlier and blocked by newer firmware.

This cat and mouse game will go on and that's why piracy will be very low on 3DS. Only the geekiest nolife can keep up buying so many different devices every 6 months. Mass piracy is ala DS and PSP is dead.

You're not very smart. I'm not going to reply to you on this thread. I've made this thread for a specific purpose and you're off-tracking us. Also, you're not making much sense. I don't think you have a grasp on how anything 3DS-related works, sir.

Reactions: Aman27deep

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not very smart. I'm not going to reply to you on this thread. I've made this thread for a specific purpose and you're off-tracking us. Also, you're not making much sense. I don't think you have a grasp on how anything 3DS-related works, sir.

I will keep watching this topic in the future, to see what choice you will make between buying a new 3DS or throwing the gateway in the garbage. It will be very fun and enjoyable.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Exploits removed mean no update.

Well my friend I don't really understand that much about all them hacking things..

But I do know this:

Several thousands said the same thing for 2 years about the Nintendo 3DS never having a cart that would play 3DS roms. Yet, here we are.

So I won't say that the team cannot update the Gateway. Yes it is not very likely that they can. But we will only know in due time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't know this. There could be ways around it. As stated in the other thread, I'd really appreciate it if you stop spreading false information, with confidence. It's quite misleading to potential new members to the scene.
It's been known even since before the Gateway was announced that there was a kernel-mode exploit in 4.x that's not in 5.x, while Nintendo didn't close the save game exploit in 5.x (but without kernel-mode you're limited in what you can do in the system). What Gateway has announced matches perfectly with what we already know.

This is NOT a simple header update situation to slip in through a whitelist, like with the DSi/3DS.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been known even since before the Gateway was announced that there was a kernel-mode exploit in 4.x that's not in 5.x, while Nintendo didn't close the save game exploit in 5.x (but without kernel-mode you're limited in what you can do in the system). What Gateway has announced matches perfectly with what we already know.

This is NOT a simple header update situation to slip in through a whitelist, like with the DSi/3DS.

Right! I was just saying, they're at least attempting to make it 5/6.X compatible :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just because one exploit is patched doesn't mean that another won't pop up or that the ROM's can't be patched to work on earlier firmwares like in the case of the PS3. Until the Gateway is blocked from a purely hardware standpoint like the early DS flashcarts were it can be updated to work just fine, at least in theory. Neither optimism nor pessimism are good strategies now - patience is.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gene Parmesan is right!

I remember when the PSP released the new Mobo that couldn't be flashed via Pandora's Battery, but they eventually found a way around that!

Also, people said the PS3 couldn't NOT be hacked, once the lvl0 keys were found. (Which was recent, within the last few months, I believe, Wololo had the information) - and Sony found a way around it to stop it.

ALSO, the some people said there's no way the PS3 could be hacked again! However, 3k3y and cobra found a way and are releasing new things soon-ish.

I think it's safe to say, yeah, we can assume it'd never be updated, but in actuality, there's absolutely no way we can be 100% sure. Who knows? The Gateway may never be updated. Maybe it could be.

As long as we're looking into possible scenarios, there will always, eventually, be a way to gain compatibility, hack said system, etc.

Reactions: Aman27deep

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gene Parmesan is right!

I remember when the PSP released the new Mobo that couldn't be flashed via Pandora's Battery, but they eventually found a way around that!

Also, people said the PS3 couldn't NOT be hacked, once the lvl0 keys were found. (Which was recent, within the last few months, I believe, Wololo had the information) - and Sony found a way around it to stop it.

ALSO, the some people said there's no way the PS3 could be hacked again! However, 3k3y and cobra found a way and are releasing new things soon-ish.

I think it's safe to say, yeah, we can assume it'd never be updated, but in actuality, there's absolutely no way we can be 100% sure. Who knows? The Gateway may never be updated. Maybe it could be.

As long as we're looking into possible scenarios, there will always, eventually, be a way to gain compatibility, hack said system, etc.

This.
I think it's safe to say (don't start a flame war if this isn't true), that EVERY console can be hacked, but it will take some time and patience.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
There's always a way to hack everything, it's just that in some cases it may take literally thousands of years.

Personally I'm not buying the 3DS or any flash carts until we have a DS situation going. If that never happens, so be it

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for my point of view, maybe im wrong, but there will be no update 5.x/6.x and the blue gateway card (preparing the 3DS) will be hacked, and removed gateway's DRM then we will have softmod hack launch game from SD after fews week of release for 3ds 4.x firmware .... that my point of view ....

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The point is not hacking the 3DS in general, it's about the ability of the current Gateway product to update for 5.x and 6.x.

Which is not looking good.

That might be right.

Although I'm still not that worried about it.

As soon as Gateway reaches the hands of the R4 / SuperCard / M3 / Acekard teams, a second generation of 3DS rom compatible flashcarts will appear out of nowhere. Even compatible with the latest firmwares.

Why do I think that? There is just too much money in all of this to be earned for them to standby.

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might be right.

Although I'm still not that worried about it.

As soon as Gateway reaches the hands of the R4 / SuperCard / M3 / Acekard teams, a second generation of 3DS rom compatible flashcarts will appear out of nowhere. Even compatible with the latest firmwares.

Why do I think that? There is just too much money in all of this to be earned for them to standby.

You still don't understand the exploit used by Gateway doesn't exist anymore in the newest firmwares.

Gateway can reach the hands of all teams in the world, , the way they have done it is finished. Other will have to continu to look for another solution as they were.

Reactions: NEP

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still don't understand the exploit used by Gateway doesn't exist anymore in the newest firmwares.

Gateway can reach the hands of all teams in the world, , the way they have done it is finished. Other will have to continu to look for another solution as they were.

WhiteMaze, don't listen to this guy. He knows nothing about this topic, and had proven so through not only this thread, but various other ones, as well.

Don't take stalk in what this man says.

Reactions: WhiteMaze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica