Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to do the exploit with Blue Card, New 3DS 9.0, I got the error "An error occured.". I tried reformat and use another SD card. Help?
At which step does the error message appear?

If it's trying to start the blue card, have you installed Bluecardfix.cia or FlashCardTimeWarp.cia to SysNand, to add the blue card to the whitelist so the system will run it?
If it's when selecting "Nintendo DS Profile" in System Settings > Profile, has mset.cia been properly installed to SysNand and the NVRAM profile installed (either through Gateway Launcher or through GW_INSTALLER.nds on blue card)?

erinnnnnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At which step does the error message appear?

If it's trying to start the blue card, have you installed Bluecardfix.cia or FlashCardTimeWarp.cia to SysNand, to add the blue card to the whitelist so the system will run it?
If it's when selecting "Nintendo DS Profile" in System Settings > Profile, has mset.cia been properly installed to SysNand and the NVRAM profile installed (either through Gateway Launcher or through GW_INSTALLER.nds on blue card)?

When I launch NDS cartridge. Is there a way to install cia without Zelda? If yes, will I be able to play NDS games on sysnand and then relaunch the exploit cartridge?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launch NDS cartridge. Is there a way to install cia without Zelda? If yes, will I be able to play NDS games on sysnand and then relaunch the exploit cartridge?
In order to install a .cia file, you must first enter Gateway mode, which requires entering the Launcher menu. So, at this time, your only entry point is Zelda/Cubic Ninja.

Once you've installed BlueCardFix.cia, you will be able to use the blue card to reinstall the NVRAM profile as needed, and will not need Zelda anymore. You will likely need to reinstall the NVRAM profile any time you use any DS mode software (meaning the blue card, retail DS games, DSiWare, etc), but you won't need to enter the launcher or install a .cia for that step.

The initial setup works like this:
- Put the Gateway 3.2.1 Launcher.dat file onto the system SD card, along with mset.cia and bluecardfix.cia
- Put devmenu.3ds onto your Gateway's microSD card
- Use Zelda to get to the Gateway Launcher menu
- Select "INSTALL NVRAM" from the menu (Doing it now saves you from having to come back in here later, or using the blue card afterwards)
- Highlight "BOOT GATEWAY MODE", and hold B. The text should change to "BOOT GATEWAY SYSNAND MODE". While holding B, press A. It will ask you to confirm booting to sysNand.
- Run devmenu and install both mset.cia and bluecardfix.cia

At this time, your blue card should be enabled, the System Settings app should be downgraded, and the NVRAM profile should be in place. You should be able to reach the Launcher through System Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile.

If you use the blue card or play a DS game, and the Nintendo DS Profile button no longer launches the launcher, the steps are:
- Insert the blue card
- Run it like any other game
- Select and run GW_INSTALLER.nds

Once it's done installing, you should be able to use the DS Profile exploit again.

You have probably already done some of the initial setup, but I listed the whole thing just in case. Feel free to skip steps related to mset.cia if you already installed that to sysNand.

Think of mset.cia as unlocking the back door, and the NVRAM profile as a brick propping the door open. Sometimes someone comes along and kicks the brick out of the way, and the door closes again, but you just have to put the brick back to be able to get in again. bluecardfix.cia is a friend that lets you inside to put the brick back. (Zelda/Cubic Ninja would be kinda like sneaking in through the window, I suppose.)

erinnnnnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In order to install a .cia file, you must first enter Gateway mode, which requires entering the Launcher menu. So, at this time, your only entry point is Zelda/Cubic Ninja.

Once you've installed BlueCardFix.cia, you will be able to use the blue card to reinstall the NVRAM profile as needed, and will not need Zelda anymore. You will likely need to reinstall the NVRAM profile any time you use any DS mode software (meaning the blue card, retail DS games, DSiWare, etc), but you won't need to enter the launcher or install a .cia for that step.

The initial setup works like this:
- Put the Gateway 3.2.1 Launcher.dat file onto the system SD card, along with mset.cia and bluecardfix.cia
- Put devmenu.3ds onto your Gateway's microSD card
- Use Zelda to get to the Gateway Launcher menu
- Select "INSTALL NVRAM" from the menu (Doing it now saves you from having to come back in here later, or using the blue card afterwards)
- Highlight "BOOT GATEWAY MODE", and hold B. The text should change to "BOOT GATEWAY SYSNAND MODE". While holding B, press A. It will ask you to confirm booting to sysNand.
- Run devmenu and install both mset.cia and bluecardfix.cia

At this time, your blue card should be enabled, the System Settings app should be downgraded, and the NVRAM profile should be in place. You should be able to reach the Launcher through System Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile.

If you use the blue card or play a DS game, and the Nintendo DS Profile button no longer launches the launcher, the steps are:
- Insert the blue card
- Run it like any other game
- Select and run GW_INSTALLER.nds

Once it's done installing, you should be able to use the DS Profile exploit again.

You have probably already done some of the initial setup, but I listed the whole thing just in case. Feel free to skip steps related to mset.cia if you already installed that to sysNand.

Think of mset.cia as unlocking the back door, and the NVRAM profile as a brick propping the door open. Sometimes someone comes along and kicks the brick out of the way, and the door closes again, but you just have to put the brick back to be able to get in again. bluecardfix.cia is a friend that lets you inside to put the brick back. (Zelda/Cubic Ninja would be kinda like sneaking in through the window, I suppose.)

Thanks! It totally helped. Do you know if New 3DS can run Browser Injection on 9.0.0-20E?

Reactions: Margen67

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

Edit:
I forgot to mention that only the first option " 9.x Launcher.dat " will work on the new3ds. The others are for the old 3ds.
N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds = New3ds (1st option only, other 3 options are for old 3ds)
ROPInstaller_GWU.nds = old3ds (everything old3ds)

The rop installer will NOT run homebrew* on the new3ds. This new rop chain for 3.2 is radically different despite exploiting the 4.5 old 3ds settings app.

*kinda true, it will run user-mode rop under the downgraded 4.5 mset app on any new/old 3ds model on 9.x (developers only) If this statement confused you, then you should probably just ignore it.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387635/page-46#post-5470358

Edit 2: slight update, rop chains were a little long before now they're just right. shouldn't change stability but you never know. also, source updated to reflect n3ds addition.

Hello,

Where can I have the cia to downgrade to mset 4.5 ? The ones in *snip* are for 4.0,6.0,9.0 and the one that comes with rxtools is 4.0DG.

I have 6.x firmware so I must downgrade to 4.5 first. Then, I suppose the exploit will work if I select 4.5 rxtools (not custom) ... right ? If not, which custom dat file should I choose ?

Last edited by Depravo, , Reason: Don't name ROM sites

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's out!

-> The mset cia CANNOT be installed with BBM (invalid cia error).
You need the old DevMenu to do so, google is your friend.
YOU MUST INSTALL THIS CIA IN SYSNAND!! (and RTFM!)

-> zoogie's ROPInstaller_N3DS can be found HERE.

-> gamesquest1's pro-tip:
If you downgraded your emunand system settings or want to undo the downgrade in sysnand : https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
then enter these titles depending on your region and install via devmenu
US = 0004001000021000 9.0-9.5 = v8203
EU = 0004001000022000 9.0-9.5 = v8202
JPN = 0004001000020000 8.1-9.5 = v9224

-> o3DS users don't need to to anything aside from the replacement of launcher.dat to allow EMUNAND 9.7.
So what firmware of 3ds will this work up to?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
9.2 on the sysNAND, and if you get the newer version from the GW site (3.4.1), it'll properly support emuNAND up to the latest firmware if on an O3DS, 9.5 if on a N3DS.

fixed.

Ok so i cant use gateway on my 10.1 3ds can i? lol

No, he's talking about emuNAND.

Only works on firmware 9.2 or lower.

Reactions: Zidapi and Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY