Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokebank also works in classic mode with my retail game.
Saved in classic mode.
Pokemon Y save actually works in SysNAND 9.2

Seems like Gateway changed the encryption on classic mode?

Stella0219

Trophies
XP
Country
are you using the red gw cart or the blue one? The blue one is not the one you got to use. Launcher.dat should be on your SD card.

do I have to have my red card inserted in to open the exploit?
Don't I just need the memory card in my 3ds?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For people who have installed Emunand, and successfully converted a rom as a CIA. Once you boot into Emunand, can you ten run the games without the Gateway flashcart plugged in? Of course, until you reset the system.

Can confirm. With this in kind you can use one GW device on multiple 3DS systems.

Reactions: Skullx

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
So I must have an internet connection (wifi) to use my Gateway efter updating to 3.0?
What if I don't have wifi for example when I travel, can't I use the Gateway then?
If thats the case I'm not going to update, better to stay on 2.7 and use the old Launcher.dat and "Other settings" --> "Profile" --> "Nintendo DS Profile" and play my games.....

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
seeing now the possibilities of a webkit exploit i regret a little bit that i´ve updated my ps4 (this hole was filled with 2.0 :( ), but i´ve still a vulnerable vita 3.18 ^^(though i hope that the vita won´t get hacked for piracy;()

though i´ve still some questions i couldn´t find an answer to yet:
1. regarding previous bought and downloaded eshop games i made a backup of my sd card on the pc.. after i formated emunand, i copied the files back but they won´t show up neither in gw mode nor classic mode.. do i have to download them again from the eshop or do i have to use a .cia instead?
2. in emunand i can safely enter the eshop? also when a game asks me for an update when i start it, i think i can download them safe or?
3. so far all roms work that i´ve tested except for animal crossing and tomadachi life (both .3dz, though other .3dz work).. any idea why or what i have to do?

i already read a lot, but still gw is new to me, i´m normally more a sony scene follower, so thx :)

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Must I go online everytime I want to activate GW Mode?

For now, yes.

So I must have an internet connection (wifi) to use my Gateway efter updating to 3.0?
What if I don't have wifi for example when I travel, can't I use the Gateway then?
If thats the case I'm not going to update, better to stay on 2.7 and use the old Launcher.dat and "Other settings" --> "Profile" --> "Nintendo DS Profile" and play my games.....

if you're on 4.x, you can still use the DS Profile exploit with 3.0 in order to enter GW

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Must I go online everytime I want to activate GW Mode?

Unfortunetly, yes. Hopefully that'll change by the time it's out of beta.

[Unverified] According to a conversation between GW and a retailer, this update was just to stop people spamming them (and turning to Sky3DS, presumably). It's supposedly coming out of beta in 'a few days or less'. WE'll see if that actually happens though ;)

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok can anyone help me?
I've been at this for 30 mins and the exploits not working and keep on getting an error.
I did all the thing in maxconsoles tutorial

reboot device
turn wifi off
erase all cache and cookies
went on url to go.gateway-3ds.com
turned wifi on

am I missing something or does it not work on kor devices?

Turn the wifi on, THEN go to go.gateway-3ds.com
;)

Reactions: lemanuel

Xeross

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Newbie Question :1. Anyone know where i can download the homebrew to install my .cia games file for my 9.2 3ds?
2. and is this firmware already tested for online play?

Thank you :)

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if the few that have managed to get the actual files will share. You can set up a local server to connect to. There are aps to do this with a smartphone. But we need the true files that the webpage actually uses. Any of you guys wanna share?

Edit: I understand how to use them but cannot figure out how to get them for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol