SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, I'm planning on buying a gaming laptop. I seeking for best one out there. The price doesnt matter, the only thing I care about is that it could run Crisis.
Currently I'm looking at the Alienware m17x.
Do you guys could recommend something better?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you're getting a five finger discount I'd definitely stay away from Alienware. Not only are they tacky but stupidly overpriced! I feel bad not being able to actually recommend anything but you can't go wrong with ASUS.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
As you say you don't care about the price, I suggest you go look for whatever is the most expensive from alienware / other gaming laptop brands. That most probably has the 'best' specs, it being the most expensive. That or you could go and look around and compare specs yourself of course
tongue.gif
. Then again you've already pretty miuch decided on alienware so hey....

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
P.S. I just made your Alienware machine, made it as expensive as possible (without adding REALLY pointless things such as joysticks etc.) and including Crysis and Crysis warhead you end up with roughly 5000 USD. That's including SLI 9800GT, a 128GB solid state drive, illuminated keyboard (ofcourse!), c2 extreme X9000, 8 gigs of ram, 1gig intel turbo cache and who could forget blu ray burner.

I don't think you will top it with ANY laptop performance wise....

I do wonder how long you will be satisfied with that system though, and how long the battery will last you
tongue.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alienware is order only right? You cant buy it on a retail shop, is that correct?
If yes, then I need to find another laptop.
frown.gif

Anyway I've been seeking out, and I found this model, Gateway 7811. Seems like a great laptop.
So what you guys think?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
go with alienware i guess, just don't expect it to be portable, the battery lasts 15 minutes and it will be a competition between the battery and your back on what gives out first.

and don't even think about using it as a laptop you will at best end up sterile, at worst end up with 3rd degree burns
rolleyes.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Honestly dont go with Alienware, they are a massive rip off, and not good value for money!

As for running Crysis, I wouldnt set that as a benchmark for buying a laptop, Crysis's demands are really ridiculous for what it is. It really is over rated.

Personally I wouldnt go looking at one particular brand, you should look at a laptops graphics card, CPU, and RAM when choosing, not what make it is.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again, if you don't care about the price either wait for the eurocom (it being a laptop with the GT2X) or get the Alienware as it WILL be the fastest (at least when you check the specs of the Asus you provided, 2x9800 versus 1x9700).

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I found another interesting laptop line, the Sony Vaio.
They say that the Sony Vaio AW series runs UT3 at 48 fps (which means Unreal 3 Engine powered games also runs at 48 fps).
So what do you guys think about this series? Do you think playing with 48 fps is reasonable?

eugLena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, go with the ASUS. It's a great company with good service and every single ASUS part or laptop I've used has been great. Not to mention the one you mentioned is great bang for the buck compared with the others.

No offense though, but I don't understand why people need power gaming laptops...you can get twice as good for half the price if you go desktop. Considering you'd probably play Crysis in the comfort of your own home, buy a sick desktop AND a mid-power gaming laptop like the ASUS G series all for the price of one alienware that will be obsolete in a year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up