Gaming laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Black_Knight_666, Sep 1, 2010.

Sep 1, 2010

Gaming laptop? by Black_Knight_666 at 8:16 AM (1,210 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Heya. im looking for the most powerful gaming laptop on the market. money isnt an issue with me. thanks!

2. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
  3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
  4. c0wcommander

Newcomer c0wcommander Member

United States
    I had an older Asus G1 laptop that played almost anything. Make sure you check what kind of graphics card it has, if it has an ATI or Nvidia GPU

5. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Any other suggestions? [​IMG]

6. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    Specify please. Is size an issue? Is battery life an issue? If the answer is no to both, than seriously, you would appreciate a desktop much more in the long run (especially if you think you know your head around computers). I would suggest that you do some of your own serious research rather than relying on others to make the decision for you.

7. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  8. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    XoticPC.com or Sagernotebook.com
    edit: Thanks, Originality.

Alienware is crappy, I have one, it's incredibly flash (which is okay if you like that sort of thing, but I think that it's a pain).

The realistic factor really plays a bit part in getting a "gaming notebook" since you get get a really nice desktop for the same cost. If money isn't an issue, one of the Sager notebooks with all the super options would blow an alienware M17x out of the water.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9285-built-...?wconfigure=yes

Sager NP9285 - Catch is that it gets like 45 minutes of "battery life"
    17'' 1920x1200 Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen
    Desktop i7 Processors (Nehalem) i7-980X (3.33-3.60)
    GTX 480M 2048MB Mobile Graphics Card
    12GB DDR3 RAM (1333)(w/ 980X)

total price comes out to around $4700 + Shipping... (I'd so rather get a desktop with this amount... =( ) (The GTX 480 really only stacks up to about a 5770 desktop).

9. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    You should correct your Sager link - it redirects to a site-squatter. Should be "www.sagernotebook.com".

I played around with the various "ultimate laptop" builders and so far the Sager one seems to be the best. Around $400 cheaper than the Alienware version, and it's got 3x160GB SSDs instead of Alienware's 2x250GB. In both paths I looked for 2xHD5870 in CrossFire, since I think it'll be better in the long run than any single GTX 480M.

I think if Black Knight does not want a desktop but a laptop, hence the thread. It must be obvious how you can get a "Dream PC" for the same price as any of these "Ultimate Gaming Laptops". Laptops have the advantage of mobility where high end PCs are doomed to spend most of their life sitting in a corner somewhere.

10. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Go for a Sager / Clevo and if you really want to get the best then you should post here and fill out the faq. Nbr forums