Gaming Headset help

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by clegion, Oct 2, 2012.

Oct 2, 2012

Gaming Headset help by clegion at 10:26 AM (386 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. clegion
    OP

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So once again I am searching for a gaming headset , even after buying my turtle beach px21. I require for it to be USB powered or only requiring one combined jack to work (My laptop have no sepparate) microphone jack, if it have a separate chat and game volume control like the px21 the better, and something light I guess that I can use for long gaming sessions
    I have gone through so far
    Logitech g35 (Too heavy/bulky)
    PX21 (crackling noises coming from the analog audio input, I tested it with another headphone and the speakers , and its working fine without any crackle)
    I am thinking of either getting one from steel series or razer, help me choose one then? I would like to settle down on one headset rather than going through them like this

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    You can get adapters to make headsets both USB, or combined into only needing one jack slot. I happen to have both...but any tech-savvy store should have them, just go ask.
    I got mine from futureshop I believe.

If that doesn't float your boat, all i can strongly suggest is avoiding razer. Horrid godawful brand that is.

Sennheiser makes really good headphones, and their headsets are quite nice as well.
    Otherwise Logitech is the only other option. I have a Logitech G330. Really nice little headset, but sometimes it stars hurting a bit to wear...but that's after like 3-4 hours of wearing it.

3. TheDreamLord

Member TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    I'd buy a Plantronics 380 or 780. Amazing sound quality, a lot of LP'ers use them too.

4. John Malone

Newcomer John Malone Newbie

United States
    Wireless headsets might work for you. I just bought my best Xbox headsets recently :'D

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    ASUS Vulcans. The pro version is USB, and has a built in sound controller.