GameUP v2.0

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by .:Mik:., Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

GameUP v2.0 by .:Mik:. at 9:38 PM (3,825 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. .:Mik:.
    OP

Newcomer .:Mik:. Member

Italy
    [​IMG]

GameUP is an utility that allows you to download homebrew over WIFI. For those of you running the 1st version, you can press "B" to upgrade directly on the NDS. Please see the change log for more information.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. Dark_linis

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is cool, I'm going to download this...right now!

3. .:Mik:.
    OP

Italy
    Let me know what do you think... [​IMG]

If ayone has any kind of suggestion, critics and so on, let me know it...

.:Mik:.

4. floobmonsrake

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    Let me say that I am extremly inpressed with this homebrew application, I like to think of it like a dsi shop but with homebrew. Its just amazing and works quite well. I support you 100%. Let me know if theres anything i can do.

5. .:Mik:.
    OP

Italy
    Thank you so much! If I'll need help, I'll inform you... [​IMG]

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Great stuff Mik, i especially liked OsUp, it was great, and im sure this is as well [​IMG]

7. Dark_linis

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    -maybe its because Im using the-card-who-must-not-be-named but the first two times I tried to boot the program it froze on the third step. The third time it worked fine and I must say, I am very very impressed. I was expecting something simular that can be found on ds organize but this is by far way better.

My only issue is that button presses are too sensitive. I kept missing what I was trying to access.

8. .:Mik:.
    OP

Italy
    Sincerelly I don't know the-card-who-must-not-be-named... [​IMG]
    However the freeze could be due to a wrong comunication between DS'Wifi and AP...it could happen with all the card but fortunatelly it's sufficient restart the hb and everything goes well [​IMG]
    I'm happy you like it...

@Maz7006: Thank you and Enjoy it! [​IMG] About OsUp...it will return soon.. [​IMG]

9. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    An awesome homebrew,I've been using this quite a while and it rocks, I can help you to make all the menus etc more nice, I mean i know some image editing, so if you want pm me. [​IMG]

My 100th post [​IMG]

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the idea and dedication is fantastic and it is surely important for most gbatemp members cuz many use homebrew on their flashcart... mik is making programs most ppl do not think of, great work

11. Slade.AU

Member Slade.AU GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Awesome little program [​IMG]

I have had a few hiccups. It did black screen on me once. I loaded up the details for DoomDS (or is it DSDoom?), then went to statistics and BSOD (Black Screen of Darkness).

The second time I tried it, on another app it worked, but that gave me a few graphical glitches on the images downloaded, and when I downloaded the game, the top screen went black and the downloading text showed up.

The last issue is that I find when using the D Pad to move the cursor it jumps several lines at a time, and it can mean missing the game / line I want and then I have to play "tap the D-Pad" to get to the right place. Can this be slowed down a bit ??

Aside from those minor issues, this is a fantastic bit of homebrew. I look forward to updates.

ps. if it makes any difference I'm using a DSLite and an AceKard RPG with the latest AKAIO firmware.

12. Drakate

Newcomer Drakate Member

United Kingdom
    This is an amazing homebrew, now I don't have to go wasting my time on lots of different websites looking for new ones. [​IMG] It looks v. proffesional
    However the buttons are slightly too sensitive and I was wondering if there could be a mini description on the top screen instead of the instructions

13. .:Mik:.
    OP

Italy
    Hmm about the key-pad and the touchscreen, I think you're right...I'll decrese a little the sensitivity...

Thank you all again for your support and for your feedback. [​IMG]

14. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I actually used the first one quite a bit, and I have to say that the font update is a god send. Thank you so much for this.

My only piece of advice would be to make it optional whether or not to load each game preview, since they take so long to load. Maybe have the games link to a description first, and then you have an option to view the screenshots?

Aside from that, i really appreciate this piece of homebrew. Thanks Mik [​IMG]

15. Slade.AU

Member Slade.AU GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    And I'd vote for this idea too. Maybe have it as an option to load the images or not ? It is quite slow to load the pics. Is that a fault of the DS (the wireless) or the server feeding the images ?

Is there anyway to make the font just a little bigger ? or is that asking too much ?

16. Drakate

Newcomer Drakate Member

United Kingdom
    I might be the only one but after I load gameup, it gets stuck on the connecting to AP unless I restart my DS and try again... I was wondering why?

17. Finishoff

Member Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This will be very convenient for many people. Hopefully there will be detail description for each item so that I'll know what I would be downloading. -Downloading and testing it out now xD

18. .:Mik:.
    OP

Italy
    Well, I like the idea of the small description...however if you don't want to download and see preview, you can directly download the game considering the name of the category the games belong to...[​IMG]
    About the freeze on AP-connection step, it's due maybe to the weak strenght of your WiFi signal...

I agree even with the font' matter...I'll make it bigger in the next release...

19. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I've spent the past 10 minutes trying to update GameUP. It successfully downloads the update and tells me to press B but after starting it again, it says I'm still on v1.0 and tells me to update once again.

20. .:Mik:.
    OP

Italy
    Have you the v1.0 of GameUP on the root?