OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Wiiwu said:
I have a request if this is not already possible.

Can we get the cover via really short alias, in other words shrink the url?

QUOTE said:
Example: http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/US/RHKE18.png
Shorten: http://wiitdb.com/wdb/a/c/US/RHKE18.png

Thanks WiiTDB.
I could probably add that, but that would be a bit tedious, can you tell me how it would be useful to you?
Something that you may find of interest is that traditional Chinese/Simplified Chinese is now supported for titles/synopsis
smile.gif

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Wiiwu said:
So that I can patch in WiiTDB shorten url into abandoned WBFS manager s/w which is hardcoded to pull from old obsolete covers sites.
Many thanks.
What is the maximum length you can use? I can make the maximum length 42 characters while keeping the same folder names (I would prefer that), or 38 by changing to shorter names.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:
So that I can patch in WiiTDB shorten url into abandoned WBFS manager s/w which is hardcoded to pull from old obsolete covers sites.

Many thanks.
Decompile it with IDA pro, change the string to the normal URL with any lenght you like and compile it again
smile.gif

Or ask the author for the source.
I see no need in filling up the server with symlinks.

concave35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zorglub07 said:
Fixed and added
smile.gif

Thanks.

Just so I know next time, how does one update an existing cover images with better quality ones? All I can get is "GAME_ID.png: file with that name already exists".

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
concave35 said:
Just so I know next time, how does one update an existing cover images with better quality ones? All I can get is "GAME_ID.png: file with that name already exists".You can't upgrade covers, this is necessary to prevent misguided people from replacing good covers by wrong covers.
A few people were allowed to to that after they uploaded many covers.
I already replaced covers from pages 1 to 20 by good quality ones (bigger resolution than 160x225, no jpg compression, not scanned, ideally like this), and I intend to continue
smile.gif

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Aug 4 2009, 11:32 AM) fishing master world tour for ntsc has the wrong covers.
I would change it myself but dont have the real covers.
I fixed it a few hours ago when I looked at the latest additions http://wiitdb.com/Game/RTLE18
I found the cover using the google "Image Search" link on the page.

concave35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zorglub07 said:
concave35 said:
Just so I know next time, how does one update an existing cover images with better quality ones? All I can get is "GAME_ID.png: file with that name already exists".
You can't upgrade covers, this is necessary to prevent misguided people from replacing good covers by wrong covers.
A few people were allowed to to that after they uploaded many covers.
I already replaced covers from pages 1 to 20 by good quality ones (bigger resolution than 160x225, no jpg compression, not scanned, ideally like this), and I intend to continue
smile.gif
Would you be okay if I just post them here for you in the future? If it's not too much trouble that is?

olifr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello guys !

Can someone can confirm me that WiiTDB is using game names* to find game information ?

e.g. : To have the detailed information for Super Mario Galaxy, the name of the ISO in my WBFS drive must be : Super Mario Galaxy (Europe).iso ?

I suppose I will have to rename all my games...
wacko.gif

*name attribute of the XML element game

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
olifr said:
Hello guys !

Can someone can confirm me that WiiTDB is using game names* to find game information ?

e.g. : To have the detailed information for Super Mario Galaxy, the name of the ISO in my WBFS drive must be : Super Mario Galaxy (Europe).iso ?

I suppose I will have to rename all my games...
wacko.gif

*name attribute of the XML element game
You don't need to do that, each game is identified by its internal game ID: RMGP01 for Super Mario Galaxy.

olifr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
zorglub07 said:
You don't need to do that, each game is identified by its internal game ID: RMGP01 for Super Mario Galaxy.
damn, it means that something is working wrong with my usb loader or usb loader conf...
huh.gif

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
olifr said:
zorglub07 said:
damn, it means that something is working wrong with my usb loader or usb loader conf...
huh.gif
Go in the options, Update: "Update all" and don't forget to enable "titles from xml".

olifr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
zorglub07 said:
olifr said:
zorglub07 said:
huh.gif
Go in the options, Update: "Update all" and don't forget to enable "titles from xml".
I was not able to update : my loader was up to date
cool.gif

Anyway, I removed my witidb.xml, I downloaded it again using the link generated by usbloader_gx, I placed this new file in my SD card and this time it worked ! I really don't know what happened...
blink.gif

Now sometime I am facing the Issue 828. As recommended, I will try to delete my configuration files & see what happend.

Anyway, good job guys ! keep up the good work
yay.gif

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zorglub07 said:
Wiiwu said:
Many thanks.
What is the maximum length you can use? I can make the maximum length 42 characters while keeping the same folder names (I would prefer that), or 38 by changing to shorter names.

Sorry for troubleing you, in the end I think its easier to let loader auto download covers. Thank you, I like you very willing to help.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another suggestion, although at this point it may be hard to implement. Right now you can upload disc art for all languages, but in reality Nintendo only ever makes one disc for each region (unlike boxart). Would it be possible to just have the one field for disc art/custom disc art per game (instead of one for each language)? Like I said, this would probably be impossible to implement now, but it's just something I was thinking about.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Tagg7 said:
I have another suggestion, although at this point it may be hard to implement. Right now you can upload disc art for all languages, but in reality Nintendo only ever makes one disc for each region (unlike boxart). Would it be possible to just have the one field for disc art/custom disc art per game (instead of one for each language)? Like I said, this would probably be impossible to implement now, but it's just something I was thinking about.
I was just thinking about this today
wink.gif
Maybe it could be allowed for custom discs because those can feature localized artwork.
Original discs were allowed for each language in case there were special pressings for some games, but it seems all discs are really the same.
I'll change this on the site this month, it won't be much of a problem.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Sounds great. Gosh, I wish people would learn the difference between custom disc art and retail disc art. >_< I also just deleted a whole bunch of Japanese discs that were really from other regions. Please, people, check the region of the artwork you are uploading!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make up songs all the time "The driver in front of me shouldn't be allowed to breathe" that...