Gaming Gamestop Typo

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took this pic at gamestop at few weeks ago.

img1230272644239.jpg

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm with the last post, that's possibly legitimate but I doubt it. I've yet to see a copy in the last year or so at retail used (can't new as stupid Nintendo Store only had it I think.) It's an ok experiment in musical gaming, but it's such a $20 title and was overcharged when it was $35. I got the JP version free from an online friend so either way I won.

Personally if anyone can get to the store and has a copy themselves they don't care about I'd try taking advantage of the used price to get a nice score on credit.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think its a typo. Just them trying to cash in on scarcity. If I recall, the game was sold online only from EB (or Nintendo directly, cant remember), and never actually had a store release outside of Japan.

This kind of reminds me of when Eb would sell Chrono Trigger SNES, and FF3 Snes for like $70.00. If they think they have something rare, they will change the price accordingly. Pretty smart, but might piss off some buyers IMO.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
However, no matter how rare it is, was Electroplankton not a normal composing application? I mean, we have KORG that can do better in that area.

I mean, rare or not, there's nothing very outstanding with Elecktroplankton. Putting high price for things like, say, TWEWY won't cause much harm to buyers, but $60 for a composer is insane, I mean, I can get a Windows XP with a few more bucks

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
However, no matter how rare it is, was Electroplankton not a normal composing application? I mean, we have KORG that can do better in that area.

I mean, rare or not, there's nothing very outstanding with Elecktroplankton. Putting high price for things like, say, TWEWY won't cause much harm to buyers, but $60 for a composer is insane, I mean, I can get a Windows XP with a few more bucks

Electroplankton wasn't even a "composer" game, at least not in the sense most people would think of such an app. It was more like a tech demo gone retail.....you just dork around with the stuff on the screen to make various musical tones. You really didn't have any true control of what notes were played. It was just a game you fiddle with for amusement. After about an hour, you are bored of it and will likely not play it much ever again.

I will have to say that the one mode was fun though, the one where you could record 4 or 5 sound bytes and have it loop it back to you. You could make some funny stuff with that. But still, it would only amuse you for a short time before you were bored with it.

EB/Gamestop trying to charge that much for the program, when it didn't cost that much initially from the Nintendo store, is actually illegal and Ninty could bust on them for that. So, it's either a typo or EB/Gamestop is breaking the law.....technically. Probably though, it's NOT a typo and no one will ever do anything about it.

EB/Gamestop has always been known, at least where I live, for charging at least $5 more for a game than anywhere else, and charging what is standard retail price (to any other store) for the used version of newer games. So it doesn't really surprise me that EB/Gamestop are scamming for this much money for Electroplankton. They would probably try to validate the price on the basis that the game is rare and was sold online only. Greedy money-grubbing.....
mad.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop is full of crap.

I went in one time and found two copies of the game I was looking for:
A brand new one and a used one.

The used one was a dollar more expensive than the new one.
blink.gif

I asked the guy working there if it was possibly a typo.
He said that the prices, while ridiculous, were correct.
He had no explanation as to what made that used game more expensive than it's new counterpart.

Needless to say, I don't buy games from them.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
i h8 preowned prices at EB they're such a rip-off like i see fable 2 for $5 less then it new and thats for the collectors edition and the new version gets cheaper than the preowned one during sales, same with gta IV 90-100 australian dollars for it and the new version is $10 more T_T

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I buy from EB is because it's the only local game store... give them Any Castlevania game, or any Mario game, they give you rediculous prices, because EVERYONE wants them. I got 60 bucks for Castlevania: DoS, C:PoR, and New Super Mario bros. alone. Plus, you get about one FOURTH of the selling price for trade in. I bet the guy that traded in Electroplankton got, like, 5 bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.