GamesDoneQuick Marathon going on now! 9-2-17

MadMageKefka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who didn't know (like my self until about an hour ago) our beloved GamesDoneQuick fundraiser has thrown together a last min marathon in order to help Houston with relief from Harvey. All donations go to the Houston Food Bank. I was completely unaware of this and I have a feeling a lot of other people are too, so I thought I'd post something here for anyone interested.

For those who aren't familiar with this yet, GamesDoneQuick is a live marathon on Twitch, normally done twice a year to benefit charities. It is a non-stop, 24-7 speedrunning marathon with games from every system, ranging from popular games to some you may have never heard of. Normally the event is at a set location, but because of the last minute setup on this one, the speedrunners are streaming their runs from wherever they are since they obviously can't expect everyone to fly / drive out there for free on such short notice.

Any donations made would be very appreciated by a lot of people, but even if you can't donate I encourage you to check this out if you haven't before. Its a really fun event. I have included the twitch channel for it and a schedule of what games will be run below.

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | 2:20:00 | All Dungeons + Ganon
I guess by dungeons is means the 4th bosses, not all shrines. everything done in 2h?
It starts at 3AM for me, I won't watch it.

there are a lot of games I don't know or never completed, might be interesting to watch.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | 2:20:00 | All Dungeons + Ganon
I guess by dungeons is means the 4th bosses, not all shrines. everything done in 2h?
It starts at 3AM for me, I won't watch it.

there are a lot of games I don't know or never completed, might be interesting to watch.
Yeah "all dungeons" just refers to the divine beasts. 2 hours is still very impressive. I am even more impressed by the <40 minute any%. It's crazy to watch them beat Ganon - because they can't even take one hit from him - they have to beat him flawlessly.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool, hopefully a good portion of the money makes its way to the Food Bank. I'd love to watch, but hotel internet is too spotty. I see they're playing Dishonored right now! Those speedruns are always fun to see.

MadMageKefka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool, hopefully a good portion of the money makes its way to the Food Bank. I'd love to watch, but hotel internet is too spotty. I see they're playing Dishonored right now! Those speedruns are always fun to see.
At least you can catch the runs later on Youtube. Because this event is all streaming and not at an actual location, I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of the money goes to the food bank. At the time of me posting this they have raised $147,548.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on their page it's said the money goes directly to food bank, so I think it's 100% too.
180k$, 6h left

I'll be ready to watch super metroid!
"save the animals" won the poll.

edit:
watching now, there are 2 videos at the same time.
it's funny to see both are playing almost the same way, taking the same path, and same glitches.
I thought it was 100%, but it's only 100% map (not taking items).
I never played that game like that :P

edit:
it ended to 226K$, with the highest individual donation of 10k$ *_*

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021