dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I just finished "dreamfall: the longest journey" about 30 min ago on PC and I really believe it was the most wonderful story ever told....or at least most wonderful I've ever heard...

the story was just so immersive that you can't help but get sucked right in...I finished it in 3 days...yesterday I played it for about 10 hours...damn,that was a good day
rolleyes.gif

it was like a book with pop-up images in every page but instead of a hard-cover you got a game and instead of pop-up images you got beautiful 3d graphics and glorious music and voice-acting.

so my question is simple...
are they any games that can even be COMPARED to dreamfall and the original longest journey?
I'm looking for adventure games with excellent stories that suck you right in them.preferably with younger main characters as it's easier to relate to them but everything's ok.

please no wacky adventures like monkey island,discworld and such....they're great but not what I'm looking for right now.

thanks
smile.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Apparantly the sequel to Dreamfall is being released in chapters. The first one is overdue, so it could come at any time or end up dropped. Google will prolly bring plenty of news updates since I've not tried finding out for the last year.

Games like it...? Maybe the Myst series, and to a lesser extend the Broken Sword series. There was also an old french game I had called L'Amazone or something like that. It does have an english version but in those days I didn't have free access to the internet. Someone also recommended I play Beyond Good and Evil since I liked The Longest Journey (I never completed it so I never started Dreamfall), although I never got round to it (I've found it for PC and Xbox1, both for £1.50 each).

If you don't mind going into console games, I'd recommend Another Code: Dual Memories (DS) and Another Code: R (Wii). The graphics aren't quite as pretty as Dreamfall (considering the platforms) but they do have great storylines (at least I enjoyed them) and fun lil puzzles along the way.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
lol
I've played ALL of those games.

I wouldn't really say myst is like dreamfall though I enjoyed that as well.
the game you're thinking is called "amerzone" btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)