Games for Halloween!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by keine, Sep 11, 2010.

Sep 11, 2010

Games for Halloween!!!! by keine at 11:27 PM (6,516 Views / 0 Likes) 68 replies

1. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its almost time......I love Halloween and I love games that help. System doesn't matter, as you'll see here in a minute. I gear more towards...spooky....but to each their own.

Resident Evil 1 Remake: (GC) Numero Uno. Great spooky classic zombie game made great on the gamecube. A must play even for wimps like me who tend to stay away from scary things.

Luigi's Mansion: (GC)

Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2)

They Hunger Series of mods for Half Life 1 are truly incredible, and must be played by anyone who likes a good mod. Scary, creepy, great atmosphere. Everyone around you has turned, even the authorities. A great mod and highly recommended. Easily 2-3 hours of awesome playing.

[​IMG]

RE1 and RECO levels for SvenCoop(A mod for Half-Life 1). They are built around the Resident Evil series and are alot of fun to play with a bunch of people on the internet. Very spooky I think. Survival horror coop is great fun. I wish it would be hosted more often, especially now that Sven 4.5 is out

Half-Life 1 mod Swiss Cheese Halloween 2002. I enjoyed playing this mod. Kind of a spoof on all the horror out there. The TV's playing Scream and Excorcist music in the houses is awesome. The levels are also decked out with lots of fall colors. Not huge production value, but very fun nontheless. Recommended.

Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 for the PS2 are other great examples of survival horror coop. I find them extremely entertaining.

Dead Rising (360) ---Definately instills some dread in me, nothing really frightening.Well, the bosses are pretty f'ed up.

Resident Evil 4 (GC)----An absolute must play. Very spooky.

Ocean Hotel Level from Vampire Bloodlines. It is probably the most atmospheric level I have ever played. Probably the best level I've ever played period. It is extremely spooky and should not be missed. Heck, Vampire Bloodlines shouldn't be missed period. The entire games is soaked in atmosphere, and I would love to be playing it in the days prior to Halloween. It's an awesome game. Nobody should miss it.
    Its relative to Deus Ex in gameplay, simply incredible. If you overlook the flaws (Or Patch It), its really a great game.

[​IMG]

Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube, since I never got around to it ever. It is a spooky game I've heard.

Thief 3 for the Xbox has "The Cradle" level which is a great one. The game overall is a great game with a pretty good helping of atmosphere.

Banjo Kazooie Halloween Level. Nostalgia plus Halloween. WIN!

I'm just trying to get that spooky October feeling again, like I had when I was a kid. Please help me out. I really enjoy this topic.

2. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    bump.

3. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I liked The Nightmare Before Christmas for GBA, and if you like the movie, it's a cute game. Not one of the best, but great for halloween.

5. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.videogamecritic.net/halloween.htm

one of the best compilation's on the web I've found. I believe that the author is missing a whole bunch at the end however. ehh, maybe not. The list contains both X grade horror and spooky type of stuff.
    He also excludes all portable systems.

I think he could expand too. It doesn't have to be an entire game of scary.

It could be one level for example ie. Vampire Bloodlines.

Or lighthearted "autumn" themes ie. Banjo Kazooie's level (i forget what it was called.)

Thought of possibly another:

Adams Family SFC

6. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Although being eastern culture based games, I would recommend Fatal Frame series. Fatal Frame 3 is the best.

7. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been scraping the internet lately:
    Found a thread with quite a bit of input:
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlaySta...46234918/page/4
    The recommends include Resident Evil 1-5, Medieval, Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, Costume Quest, Demon's Soul, and Red Dead Redemption Zombie DLC.

Costume Quest will most likely be incredible. I'll be playing that this month for sure.
    I will probably also check out
    Demon's Soul

I've also been waiting to play Red Dead Redemption after I got wind of the Undead Nightmare DLC. So, I'll probably also be trying to get that in. I think Red Dead Redemption w/ ghosts/zombies from the get go, will be alot more fun.
    [​IMG]
    Amazon.com has a halloween page up too. I didn't know that Heavy Rain had anything to do w/ Halloween. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=U...ocId=1000608491

Also of note:

Ghostbusters (Wii/360/PS3) - In my halloween movies (another thread entirely.....[​IMG]), I'll be watching Ghostbusters. The perfect! complement.
    Folklore (PS3) - Watched a video review, think it might apply.
    Clive Barker's The Undying (PC) -I played parts of this. Incredible atmosphere and story setup. I thought it should have stuck w/ the real world..and not that other world. Never finished it.

8. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Clock Tower, link on my siggy [​IMG].

9. tigeredwards

Newcomer tigeredwards Newbie

United States
    this is a wonderful game, i love it

10. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    got any i can play on my pc? i hate flash games except for robot unicorn attack....

my computer isn't powerful enough to play penumbra, call of cthulhu, silent hill 3, or a gamecube/wii emu.

11. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    half life 1 w/ they hunger isn't very intense. that game is modified quake 2 engine....should be playable.
    clive barker's the undying (pc) is modified unreal 1 tech.....thats pretty safe.

12. SubliminalSegue

Member SubliminalSegue GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i would say fatal frame. any of em.

13. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    typing of the dead.

end of thread.

actually, american mcgee's alice is a nice one, very dark themed and quite haunting if you have a good pair of headphones.

resident evil 4 wasn't spooky at all. the gore of the parasites in the later parts of the games (like when they explode out of their heads) was a little creepy and there were some slightly scary foes but it was more of an action game instead of a horror one. mind you it's an absolutely great game and should be played a lot but as a scary game it doesn't really rank up there.

silent hill games are supposed to be terrifying. so is stalker.

14. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Splatterhouse!!!
    The first one on the TG-16 and not 2 & 3 on the Genesis. I mean 2 & 3 are good but they don't have the same scary feeling as the first one.

Also, there's a part in the game were you're gonna scream "oh my fucking god it's marilyn manson!!! [​IMG]"
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    [​IMG]

15. Bulit

Member Bulit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't forget the Dementium series for ds. [​IMG]

16. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Found a new mod for HL1. (I know, I'm obsessive w/ my HL1)
    Play it by yourself or play it online via Sven Coop.
    Afraid of Monsters (PC HL1 Mod)
    Its great.
    For effect.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

17. SubliminalSegue

Member SubliminalSegue GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh, you're not the only one. [​IMG]

18. Sephxus

Member Sephxus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
    I really like the menu, and the game has a great atmosphere as well. It sets the mood well for Halloween. [​IMG]

19. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    I could only say Dementium 2 (Staring at the cover is scary enough)

For movies I always watch Zombieland, it's a classic

20. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti