Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello. As you may have imagined, I'm looking for some games for my little, 10-year-old sister. To be honest with you, all that I can think for her age are those crappy minigames collections and pet-training games... yes, like all those we have on DS. Can anyone give me a hand with this? She likes free-roaming games, like GTA, although she is not allowed to play GTA for obvious reasons. Is there anything free-roaming that doesn't involve killing people? I think The Simpsons Hit & Run is a good game in that style, but dunno... Does anyone know some non-childish games for children?

Thanks in advance.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you get her Animal Crossing: Wild World and Pokemon. They are both free roaming, Animal Crossing is when this kid moves to a new town and meets animals and people all over town trying to be the best resident in town. The game even lets you go over to other people's towns on wi-fi and that would be really good if she had a friend over states that had the game. Pokemon is a game where you raise and train pokemon to do whatever you want. Battle other trainers, enter beauty contests, and be interviewed on TV shows. This game also has wi-fi for trading pokemon and battling.

Joey R.

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
9-Voltage said:
I suggest you get her Animal Crossing: Wild World and Pokemon. They are both free roaming, Animal Crossing is when this kid moves to a new town and meets animals and people all over town trying to be the best resident in town. The game even lets you go over to other people's towns on wi-fi and that would be really good if she had a friend over states that had the game. Pokemon is a game where you raise and train pokemon to do whatever you want. Battle other trainers, enter beauty contests, and be interviewed on TV shows. This game also has wi-fi for trading pokemon and battling.

Well, I thought that posting in this section was enough, but I want games for PC, not for DS
yaynds.gif
On a side note, she already has Animal Crossing. She likes Pokémon, but is a bit bored of it, after so many carbon-copy generations.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey R. said:
9-Voltage said:

Well, I thought that posting in this section was enough, but I want games for PC, not for DS
yaynds.gif
On a side note, she already has Animal Crossing. She likes Pokémon, but is a bit bored of it, after so many carbon-copy generations.

the sims game series??

theres not a lot on that kinda game front on the pc unless you go RPG games eg RUNESCAPE,FLYFF etc etc although some of the others like WOW (warcraft) maby a little too adult for her due to content/users
frown.gif

other than that look on places like IGN for games in her age group etc
smile.gif

as above theres lots of games for DS that would suit as mentioned ACWW and POKEMON etc
smile.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I would really recommend Knytt Stories, it's an excellent platformer and there are loads of levels you can download for it which range from easy to hard.

The levels are pretty free-roaming too, I guess. 2d free roaming.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime"
It's a little RPG game, but it's quite fun.
No killing, mild cartoon violence, no "adult" themes or language
And it's even got a fun wi-fi "tank battle" mode.

Check it out some time.

Joey R.

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll take my time and answer each post
tongue.gif

Endogene: We've played MS together for some time... but it becomes dead boring after a while.

Endogene: Oh, I remember Creatures! I think I have played the GBA version, in fact. I'll try to get one of the bundles for her, she may even like it.

Law: Looks good, but not for her. You know, too "serious".

Lee79: She's not into board/puzzle games, unfortunately.

Vulpes Abnocto: That's a DS game. As I said, I'm specifically looking for PC games... Anyway, it's not out in Spanish, I'm afraid, so she won't be able to understand what's going on in the game.

Linkiboy: EUK! RuneScape! Poor girl!
tongue.gif

Matriculated: She's beaten MI1, MI2 and CoMI just recently. Maybe I should try to get MI4, but it's like hyper-rare here, in Spanish, of course... I can't even find it in the net, to be honest with you =/ As for Sam and Max, Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, etc... She's really a "first impressions" person. If it's not something that catches her eye the first time, she won't play it, even if the gameplay itself is great.

Upperleft: That's actually a great idea. I dunno why didn't I think about it before! I grew up playing emulated games... she MUST follow my steps
tongue.gif

Javacat: Well, it's basically the same as Creatures, but to the nth degree. I do want to get Spore for myself, so we'll have to wait till it's released
tongue.gif

Thanks to everyone who took a moment to answer. You have given me quite a few good ideas
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ