Hardware Gamepad Volume slider not working

Freeman93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After changing the faulty charging port on my WiiU gamepad with hot air, the volume is stuck on a very low setting and the slider does nothing (the plastic slider is aligned with the actual slider on the board) and I can't figure out what the problem is, any thoughts? Mind you the volume slider is nowhere near the charging port, and I don't know how any heat could have gotten there, so there might be another problem. The volume slider and audio output was working fine before though. I've already tried cleaning the volume slider with IPA and contact cleaner, and checked all the cables plugged into the mainboard, everything seems to be in order, and there is no visible problems on the board. I can't find a replacement volume slider for the board, and would love avoiding changing the whole mainboard, so any help is much appreciated!

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
After changing the faulty charging port on my WiiU gamepad with hot air, the volume is stuck on a very low setting and the slider does nothing (the plastic slider is aligned with the actual slider on the board) and I can't figure out what the problem is, any thoughts? Mind you the volume slider is nowhere near the charging port, and I don't know how any heat could have gotten there, so there might be another problem. The volume slider and audio output was working fine before though. I've already tried cleaning the volume slider with IPA and contact cleaner, and checked all the cables plugged into the mainboard, everything seems to be in order, and there is no visible problems on the board. I can't find a replacement volume slider for the board, and would love avoiding changing the whole mainboard, so any help is much appreciated!
Your in luck if your Wii U has Aroma there's a volume slider plugin.

https://github.com/Fangal-Airbag/Gamepad-Volume-Changer

Also I had similar issue when I had to open my gamepad I think I had the slider wrong way round I had to reopen it and tinker with it till I got it sorted.

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

Freeman93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Your in luck if your Wii U has Aroma there's a volume slider plugin.

https://github.com/Fangal-Airbag/Gamepad-Volume-Changer

Also I had similar issue when I had to open my gamepad I think I had the slider wrong way round I had to reopen it and tinker with it till I got it sorted.

I was searching for something on Tiramisu, but couldn't find any HB apps, I'll try aroma, thanks! Would still like to fix it on the hardware side though.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I was searching for something on Tiramisu, but couldn't find any HB apps, I'll try aroma, thanks! Would still like to fix it on the hardware side though.
I think it will be fine you may need to open gamepad up again and tinker with the slider till you can see it working it was a bit of a headache as I had same issue but I did go back and fix it.

Freeman93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think it will be fine you may need to open gamepad up again and tinker with the slider till you can see it working it was a bit of a headache as I had same issue but I did go back and fix it.

Yes but how did you fix it? I tried multiple times already, and tried ipa and contact cleaner, but that didn't do anything.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but how did you fix it? I tried multiple times already, and tried ipa and contact cleaner, but that didn't do anything.
Had to line the volume slider up and have it the correct way up then had to fit the case on 1st time my slider was wrong way (Upside down so it jammed and didn't work) best way to test is open it up take the volume slider cover off and there should be a little thing that goes in side that cover if you can move it fine without cover and works it may be you didn't line them up correctly or wrong way round as I say it was annoying to fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.