Hacking GameCube/Wii Backup Identification

herculean1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

I have some GameCube games from back in the day which I didn't bother writing whether they were PAL or NTSC... I'm trying to help with the compatibility list but I obviously don't want to guess what they are.

Is there any homebrew or method that can identify what region my GameCube games are?

A second question is, if I wanted to dump these GameCube games back to ISO - how would I do it? I tried using the disc dumper by Waninkoko but it just says: Insert DVD...

Thanks in advance!
moogle.gif

herculean1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
If they're backups you could just rip them on your pc.

Thansk for the quick reply.

But!!!

They're endlessly spinning and not actually reading on my laptop, I thought initially it might be the media so I tried one of them that was a different type but same result...

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
herculean1982 said:
david432111 said:
If they're backups you could just rip them on your pc.

Thansk for the quick reply.

But!!!

They're endlessly spinning and not actually reading on my laptop, I thought initially it might be the media so I tried one of them that was a different type but same result...
Just insert it and use imgburn to make an iso file. If that doesn't work check the first section in my guide on how to copy games to your computer via the wii, the link is in my sig.

herculean1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
Just insert it and use imgburn to make an iso file. If that doesn't work check the first section in my guide on how to copy games to your computer via the wii, the link is in my sig.

As I said in the first post, unfortunately the DVD dumper doesn't work - it doesn't recognise the GameCube backup. The GameCube backup does work with the GC loader so it's not a faulty backup.
I have made an ISO from my laptop with Ubuntu so I'll see if that can be reburned now...

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
herculean1982 said:
david432111 said:

As I said in the first post, unfortunately the DVD dumper doesn't work - it doesn't recognise the GameCube backup. The GameCube backup does work with the GC loader so it's not a faulty backup.
I have made an ISO from my laptop with Ubuntu so I'll see if that can be reburned now...

Thanks for your help
smile.gif
You have the 1.2 version? It allows you to pick which type of disk it is.

herculean1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
herculean1982 said:
david432111 said:

Thanks for your help
smile.gif
You have the 1.2 version? It allows you to pick which type of disk it is.

I don't know what the version is actually, but it does let me choose between WOD and GOD.

herculean1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anybody gives a rat's arse, but I ripped the game back to my PC in Linux to an ISO, then used GC-Tool to identify the game.

So essentially, GC-Tool is the thing I needed!

Thanks for your help geezer.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Another option is just to look at the ISO in a hex editor. All games have a four-letter serial right near the start of the file, the fourth letter identifies the region, so if you had (as a made-up example), NTRJ, you would know that it's a Japanese game. US games are identified with E (for English, I imagine, not for Europe) while PAL games are identified with P.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Its me.