Homebrew GameCube Virtual Console Menu not working?

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i’m playing Pikmin at the moment. i’m trying to map my right joystick as the Gamcube C stick and tapping the touch screen or ZR+ZL is supposed to bring up some Virtual Console menu? but i get this symbol when i tap the screen and the ZR ZL combo does nothing. so, how do i map the controls on my game pad? sorry if this is a noob question. thanks i appreciate any help

**nevermind, the free camera wasn’t enabled yet because it was the beginning of the game. the right joystick is the c stick as i expected. still, the menu won’t pop up when i tap the screen, so i do still wonder how to access that

702E2AEB-0DB6-49F8-BF25-860D5A063AE6.jpeg

Last edited by tortugarosado,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no Virtual Console menu when playing GameCube games on a Wii U. You're essentially in an actual GameCube environment, you're not really emulating a GameCube. As such, the most you can do within a game is play it, or hit Home to restart your Wii U. If you hit select it will rotate the ABXY buttons clockwise one position, and then counterclockwise back if you hit it again. Otherwise that's all the features you're really looking at from within an already launched GameCube game on a Wii U.

Oh and if you weren't aware, if you are playing on a GamePad or any other controller without analog triggers, you can simulate half L and half R presses by holding L and then hitting ZL or ZR (GameCube games recognize ZL as L and ZR as R on controllers with all 4 buttons on the Wii U).

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no Virtual Console menu when playing GameCube games on a Wii U. You're essentially in an actual GameCube environment, you're not really emulating a GameCube. As such, the most you can do within a game is play it, or hit Home to restart your Wii U. If you hit select it will rotate the ABXY buttons clockwise one position, and then counterclockwise back if you hit it again. Otherwise that's all the features you're really looking at from within an already launched GameCube game on a Wii U.

Oh and if you weren't aware, if you are playing on a GamePad or any other controller without analog triggers, you can simulate half L and half R presses by holding L and then hitting ZL or ZR (GameCube games recognize ZL as L and ZR as R on controllers with all 4 buttons on the Wii U).
oh that’s really helpful to know, thanks !

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lol gc is not a VC , you are using nintendont which is a homebrew app which has no ingame menu once the game starts that is it like on a real gc you can only shut it off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.