Hacking gamecube save backup

tehCake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way for me to back up saves from a gcn memory card through some wii homebrew? I ask because I have 1 card and I want to back up the ones i delete to make room.

if not, can i make a request?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there is no homebrew that can do this BUT - there's something called USB gecko...
unsure.gif

But I'll start searching. I have 1block free on one memory card A and 3 on B....*starts googling*

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
He don't want to get saves TO memory card, but he wants to get them OFF from memory card.

He is searching for tool that let him load GameCube card, and then copy files from it to SD-card.

I'm right?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well its the closest thing to what he wants ,homebrew friendly and no cost

tehCake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
He don't want to get saves TO memory card, but he wants to get them OFF from memory card.

He is searching for tool that let him load GameCube card, and then copy files from it to SD-card.

I'm right?
I want it to go both ways -- so I can back up and load saves.

I'll investigate this "usb gecko"

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's a Gamecube Homebrew that can copy files off the GC card and to the SD card, you need a SD -> Memory Card Slot adapter though. The prog's called "mcbackup", I think.

Note that, although it has the option of copying back save files and it'll look as if they copied correctly, the game will NOT see the saves copied back using this prog. For copying back use the Wii homebrew provided earlier in this topic, check also its talk page on the wiki.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit : I just see it's an old thread, but I leave this anyway for helping people looking for the tool.

I'm using GC homebrew MCbackup, and it's working.
I don't remember trying saves I put back on the GC memory, but I think it's working.
there's maybe few games with their filename different on PC than on memorycard, those one will not work I think.

I've added it to the downloads menu here.
read the description if the Wii is reseting while accessing the SD.

You need to run it with GCOS, then SDload, then MCbackup.dol
Note that it will work with SDGecko (and maybe USBGecko ?)
It doesn't work with Wii Front SD using dol in Wii mode, or HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu