GCN Gamecube mod-chips

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys and gals,

Just picked up a free gamecube, thinking about getting modded. I found a lot of info on teh intrawebs but some of it seems a little misleading.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on their opinion of which gamecube modchip is the best and why? The features seem to be very similar for all of them?

Cheers!

hakdizzle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a first gen viper gc chip when it first came out and still can do the same as most of these next gen chips. Go for the cheapest cause theyre all practically the same and cuz it wont be too cost effecient to spend the extra money wen u could just get a chip for the wii.
ALSO your gonna have to got a case replacement for the cube to play full size dvds. I reccoment the icedcube line but the xtender get the job done. Its all about the money now, if you wanna keep the gain of having a free gc or a loss when u buy unecessary things. THE POINT IS GET A DUO Q OR XENO GC cuz theyre all basically the same except for that Viper Extreme which has the extra 32mb flash for extra stuff like savestates and stuff i believe which is pretty cool but i dont thinks its worth it.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say, stay away from qoob and get Viper. I've been using it for years now and it has the best compatibility. If you want to play games with other regions[in your case, NTSC games], that might be a problem with Viper, though. PAL games always had problems on my NTSC Gamecube.

jon_jon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Viper and the Qoob are the premium chips, but the Duo and the Xeno should be fine. You don't want to spend more on the modchip and replacement case than what the GC itself is worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy