Hacking gamecube loader

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm still getting that error 345 and i'm using a dvd-r. its a samsung.sometimes i see the gamecube symbol in the wii menu but it just rests my wii when i choose it.then i go to the launcher i get the error.

the only possible reason i can think of is the dvd i'm using has cheap media.

maybe its something else right now i can't figure it out.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, all I can say is to check that the mios is installed correctly. Use Softmii and configure the gc launcher to boot from the disc channel (I think you push X or something during the installation).

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will also add this reply in the offical thread but the dragonball z game i downloaded was just an error game.i just burned smash bros melee and it worked i thought i was using the loader wrong.also it worked with on softmii.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double check that it's DVD-R?
If it's printed clearly on the disc then obviously it is, but if it's one of those newfangled printable DVDs you might have remembed wrong or something.
I don't know.

For good measure set your booktype to DVD-ROM.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say it's because of book type. I got that message on a DVD+R burnt in ubuntu. After rebooting to Windows and using imgburn to force 'set book type to DVD-ROM', no more problems.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
I would say it's because of book type. I got that message on a DVD+R burnt in ubuntu. After rebooting to Windows and using imgburn to force 'set book type to DVD-ROM', no more problems.
The OP said he was using DVD-R, so it's either he is wrong or there is a much different problem.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i may have found the problem but sadly after i burned the game i deleted off my computer because i'm low on memory.

the problem could have been that it was a cheap dvd and i burned it at 4x instead of 2x.

here is how i know it may be cheap i needed a quick dvd to burn a game so i went to a 99 cents store to buy a pleomax samsung dvd and it was a dvd-r to anyone that was thinking it was a +r.

anyway i'm buying a 100 pack of dvds today of the verbatims or Taiyo Yuden dvd-r.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129239 riht here there is alink to go to this wedsite in ht dvd media section http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

has anyone even tried Taiyo Yuden dvd-r.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
^i use fake taiyo yuden dye. so far so good...
happy.gif

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I am not trying the GC Launcher (cause I don't have any game), those the games have to be burnt on regular or mini DVD's..???
huh.gif

you could burn on regular dvds.i have one working game so far super smash bros melee and it seems that dragonball z game i want works for some people so far so i might redownload it and put it on a good dvd.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Gam...patibility_List

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress