OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.linkmaster95.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, sorry if I posted in the wrong section, but this sort-of does have to do with the gamecube backup loader channel. I got a backup copy of Super Mario Sunshine (yes, i do own the game) and i have all 4 parts. what i need help is merging the extracted rar files into an iso. when i unrar the 4 files, i unrar each of the rare-sms.rar files, and i get 4 separate gcm files, all having the same name so i can't place them in one folder at the same time. is there a way to merge them into an iso, or do i burn them onto the same dvd-r disc and load them, or have i done something wrong? please help. all help is appreciated.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just rename the file from xxx.gcm to xxx.iso and burn with imgburn. you dont need to extract all of the files separetly, just use winrar, right-click on one of the 4 rar files, choose extract here, and you'll get a .gcm file. then simply rename the file with .iso and burn. done.gamecube games should be 1.4 GB in size, or somewhere in that vicinity....

linkmaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
just rename the file from xxx.gcm to xxx.iso and burn with imgburn. you dont need to extract all of the files separetly, just use winrar, right-click on one of the 4 rar files, choose extract here, and you'll get a .gcm file. then simply rename the file with .iso and burn. done.gamecube games should be 1.4 GB in size, or somewhere in that vicinity....

well i did what u said and i'm still having the same problem as before. I"M NOT GETTING A SINGLE GCT! any help so when i extract one of the main parts (out of 4) it'll extract each, and put it the whole game into a gct?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Usually with RAR archives that are split, they are extracted only when all four parts are present. When you select extract in WinRAR (say in the default RAR file, or even .R01, .R02, etc.) it'll group all four together and extract the file within the parts, forming a single file. You only need to extract it once from the archives, and rename that file to an ISO file, and then burn it onto a disc.

linkmaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Usually with RAR archives that are split, they are extracted only when all four parts are present. When you select extract in WinRAR (say in the default RAR file, or even .R01, .R02, etc.) it'll group all four together and extract the file within the parts, forming a single file. You only need to extract it once from the archives, and rename that file to an ISO file, and then burn it onto a disc.
The game has 4 parts (4 rars) each containing xxx.rxx rar. I extract part 1, then extract the rare-sms.rar and get a gct file, but it's just part 1. I then delete the mini parts of part 1, then extract part 2, but get the exact same files that were in part 1, but those files aren't in the rar when you open it in winrar.
Contents (all files in the rars start with rare-sms)
Part 1: .rar, .r00, through .r20, .smv, .info
Part 2: .rar, .r05

megafanzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying this, but I don't think gamecube games are .gct?
I thought they were .gcm or .iso?
IIRC, .gct is for ocarina on the wii.

If it's a .gcm, it's the same as .iso.

Just googled this and found out the size of a gamecube iso/gcm should be 1.35 GB (1459978240 bytes).

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this hasn't been solved yet?

Select all parts, right click and hit 'extract here'. I'll assume you have WinRAR installed...

linkmaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
Wow, this hasn't been solved yet?

Select all parts, right click and hit 'extract here'. I'll assume you have WinRAR installed...
Thanks...
One question of topic though... How do you get your picture/icon to show up in the forums? I have an avatar, but it's not showing up in the forums/posts...

linkmaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
megafanzero said:
Just saying this, but I don't think gamecube games are .gct?
I thought they were .gcm or .iso?
IIRC, .gct is for ocarina on the wii.

If it's a .gcm, it's the same as .iso.

Just googled this and found out the size of a gamecube iso/gcm should be 1.35 GB (1459978240 bytes).
Wow... 1,459,978,240 bytes was the exact size of my gcm! dang, you got skillz... props to you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?