Gamecube Games Broken

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by diesal11, Jan 8, 2014.

1. diesal11
    OP

diesal11 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2013
    Hi there!

I've been trying to get Gamecube games working off a HDD. However I've had no success.
    I've tried installing DIOS MIOS 2.10 and loading through both WiiFlow and USB Loader GX.
    However, both just display a blank screen.

The game (Super Mario Sunshine PAL) was ripped with CleanRip and converted with Gamecube ISO Tool to DiscEX format.

Heres a SysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    What i don't understand is that my syscheck says:
    MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.6.1+) Why would it say 2.6.1 when i have installed 2.10? Could this be why it crashes?

Also, failing this ever working, is there a stock MIOS v10 i can install to at least get my Gamecube Discs working again?

Cheers guys!

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    it could be the HDD, if it doesn't have a 512 byte sector size then it will fail everytime. Most newer drives have a 4K sector size.

Also trying installing a clean wad of BC. The 2.6.1+ just means that its at least above that revision of DM.

3. diesal11
    OP

diesal11 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2013
    I've been formatting it to 32KB because everywhere i've read said to use that.
    Sorry for being a noob, but whats BC?

4. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    32KB cluster =/= 512 sector...the sectors are the physical items that hold the data. it should be formatted to 32kb clusters, you generally cannot change sector size (some drives emulate it but still i don't believe it works with DM).

BC I don't think has a definition lol, but if you use NUS downloader you can grab it...I'm sure a simple google search will yield wads to install. Its just a part of the system that deals with Gamecube launching but it needs to be unmodified. (someone please correct me if I am wrong)

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    BC = Backward Compatible?
    it's used to set the Wii in Gamecube mode (in backward compatibility).

Nintendo released different version of "BC" system file.
    The latest BC version is v10, and it's the version required to launch DIOS MIOS (Lite).

6. diesal11
    OP

diesal11 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2013
    oh ok, yeah the drive im using appears to have 4k. i'll give my wd a go tomorrow it has 512 sector according to google...

yeah i found one that works from modmii. still modified but it lets me play off disc so if all else fails i'm happy.

btw, the only difference between lite and non lite is that lite is for SD and non lite is for USB yeah?

7. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    yes, DML is for SD, DM is for USB. glad we came to a conclusion!