Gamecube emulation..

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ComeTurismO, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I'm new to the Wii universe of hacking and homebrew, I hacked mine a year back, and that Wii is a new model, RVL-101 thingy, that has no GameCube compatibility. I have so much GC .ISOS and really want to emulate the games. Any way?
    Apologizes for noobyness.

WeedZ likes this.
  2. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    you'll need DIOS MIOS (Lite).

3. Disorarara

Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2012
    You could use DIOS MIOS, but it's useless unless you can find a way to solder on Gamecube controller ports. Use Devolution if you have Gamecube discs lying around or wait for crediar's new project.

4. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    But is there Wiimote support for Devolution?

WeedZ likes this.
  5. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    EDIT: SORRY, DOUBLE POST MISTAKE

WeedZ likes this.
  6. allanj87

allanj87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    Youre screwed mate ive got the same kind of wii and tried everything to no avail sorry for the bad news :(

7. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    Yes, you can use the Wii Remote+Classic Controller, a PS3 controller, or even a Wii U Pro Controller with Devolution on the Wii. However, you do need the actual GameCube discs (for verification purposes), and some way of verifying those games. I don't know if your model Wii can verify GameCube games or not, but I think I remember hearing that some newer Wii consoles can at least read GameCube discs. If it can read them, then you can probably verify them on there. If not, you will need to find a Wii that can verify them.