Hacking gamecube backups with usb loader gx

bieke98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got gamecube backups working with cfg loader after a while. But i prefer usb loader gx, but I can't get it running with usb loader gx, it doesn't even sees my gamecube backups( as game.iso in games map on a 16gb usb). Does anyone has a solution for this?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be using the one of the latest versions and make sure in the settings the flash drive the USB stick is set as the path or the gc games

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
enable GameCube games in the loader. (4th icon in the top menu)
put ISO in sub-folders
rename ISO to game.iso (g + a + m + e, not the game's name or another filename).

Read tutorials, and 100 other "help me, it doesn't work" threads with the same answers.

bieke98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It still doesn't work, the strange thing is cfg loader boots everything but with very long loading times, is this normal?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know about CFG.

To be sure the loader is correctly setup, files are correctly named and placed : Just dump one of your GameCube Disc using USBLoaderGX. it will create the ISO and place it on your "Main gamecube Path" correctly. Once it's dumped correctly, it will appear in the loader.
Then you can check that place, format, folder and file names, and do the same with your other ISOs.

I assume you are correctly using the latest beta (check revision in the Credit).

bieke98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded the latest beta(15) from usb loader gx thread, boot.elf in root en boot.dol in usb loader gx map. I installed a game with usb loader gx, it was finished but i didn't saw the game in the loader. When I opened the usb stick with my computer it did show the game on my flash drive, cfg loader did saw this game but gx didn't. So I suppose it is something in the settings of the usb loader gx or it loads files from the older usb loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-