1. JimKirk

OP JimKirk Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have a backup partition with every gamecube game on it around 775GB and i have tried to use the shortcut to dump back to the wii title screen. It just doesn't work. I am using the native support as I have the original Wii that can support Gamecube games with the GC Ports which I have two controlers for. Is there another program I can use. I have tried using WiiFlow to load up the GC games, however I use the options to change the loading screen but to show game cube games it says it is disabled. I had setup the parittion for the gamecube games and told it to use Nintendont.

So is there a more friendly version where I can leave GC games without having to power off the system. As I said the shortcut z r start and b doesn't dump it out of the game. I'm not sure if this is because of native support however the Wii remote no longer works so I can't just push the home button. Anyways thanks for any help.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Make sure HDD is fat32

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    nintendont would be my recommendation. however, I'm not using an hdd. I have my gc games stored on the sd card.

4. JimKirk

OP JimKirk Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yes it is fat32 with 32 bit clusters. It all works except for trying to leave games. You need to power off the system from the actual wii. I am looking for another program to use, or some other way to dump out of the game seeing as the shortcut I found doesn't work. As I said I'm not sure if this is because I have it set to native controls as I have an original wii with GC support.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I just tested my setup w/ nintendont on the wii u. both restart and power off work with the pro controller. you have to press all of the buttons, then let go or it won't work. it should be r+zr+start for reset, and r+zr+b+down (directional pad) for power off and return to wii u home menu. I think those are your only options.

6. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    You could try this:

I made it so that pressing the power button exits out of the game. If native controls are used it will reboot instead, just like native GC mode using the official mios does.

It was originally just for this purpose but as time went by I kept updating it to fit my needs so it actually does quite a number of things regular nintendont doesn't, like being able to use the system menu's horizontal position, and resetting in Sonic DX won't cause the game to crash.

The catch is you have to use a loader, such as wiiflow to even use it. And memory card files go in /apps/gc_devo/memcard.bin in order to seamlessly switch between devolution and nintendont.

7. JimKirk

OP JimKirk Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This looks interesting as it might work. Where would I find the media for this and do I need to use gba? I know nintendont doesn't so perhaps this can be interesting. Anyways let me know Thanks.

8. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    In the video's description. No, a GBA is the easiest visual representation of using the 'native controls' setting in nintendont.

alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, something, Gamecube