Gamecube Backup Loader Issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Marxon13, Feb 11, 2010.

Feb 11, 2010

Gamecube Backup Loader Issue by Marxon13 at 10:54 PM (5,878 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. Marxon13
    OP

Newcomer Marxon13 Newbie

United States
    I've recently installed gamecube backup loader .2 on my wii. I've re-installed the program mutiple times and I Always get the same error:

I insert the Disc, and start it up via Homebrew, or a channel I installed. It loads (most of the time) to the main screen where it tells you the game title, and I push A for Auto detect. My wii immediately goes on standby, but the light stays green. Sometime it freaks out and gives me a code dump or the screen turns green. I know Star Fox Adventures is supported And I just cannot figure out why this is happening.

I bought my wii about 2 months after it came out and It has been fully updated to 4.2 I think (US version)
    I have preloader, and wii backup launcher .3 Gamma installed (Maybe it's an IOS conflict?)

One more thing, I realized I burned it to a DVD+R, It reads the name off of it though, so I don't think this is the problem... I think.

Can someone please help me!

Thanks in advance

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    1. Delete Backup Launcer 0.3 Gamma. It's outdated; replace it with Neogamma R8 RC1.
    2. Did you install a cMIOS?!?!

3. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    maaan thats typical noob for ya

4. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Burn it to a DVD-R...........
    +R always gives problems.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you would only get the discid with a DVD+R, i would understand it, if you can read the game name from disc, it shouldn't be a bitsetting problem. I guess you have a cIOS problem. cIOS rev 8-13b, 15+16 are either known to NOT work with GC backups or their compatibility to GC games is unknown. Try cIOSrev14 and/or 17.

I think you wouldn't get into the menu of the launcher, because that's already GC code. And running GC code is only possible with retail discs and modified MIOS.

6. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    decided to try this too, is it just neogamma R8 or any above that I got beta12 or somthing like that, also they work from usb dvd or both, and is there a compatibilty list maybe?

sorry for the billion question am searching around on google see what I can dig up

7. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    sorry for the double post but wannin cmios installer rev 5 is that better than rev 3?

8. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    We don't know
    Even wanin himself doesn't have a changelog [​IMG]

9. Someflammablekid

Newcomer Someflammablekid Advanced Member

United States
    I am having the exact same problem as this guy. I have been working on this for days now and have read through all topics that came up when i searched "Gamecube"

I have no idea what the problem could be.

I have installed CIOSCORPs many times, the miospatcher many times. I have network connection. The only thing that I can't get to install is some separate cios files. But cioscorps could have all that right?

Please someone help.

10. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    both of you install wanin's latest cmios then use neogamma to try and load the game then come back and we'll troubleshoot from there latest version is v5

11. Someflammablekid

United States
    Ok i'm installing it and I'll let you know

12. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom

I wasted my time yesterday got everything just about to burn some dvds and realised you have to have a gc controller which i dont have so nvm will get 1 eventually I guess

13. Someflammablekid

United States
    Ok i got it to install and i run neogamma but everytime i just see "gamecube backup launcher 1.1" or something and it just stays there and eventually reboots. Everything pretty much takes me to that loader and i don't know what is wrong.

I installed cios rev14 because i read that it is the most compatible with gc backups. I have installed wanin's cmios rev 5. (Does the version matter?) and i have had no luck. It makes no sense because a few days ago my backup game was randomly working but now it won't at all!

And i deleted the rungcbackup folder in my apps folder to hopefully be able to run games just through neogamma. But when i run a game through neogamma it somehow brings up the backup launcher again and gives me the same problems.

14. tHciNc

Member tHciNc Total Random

New Zealand
    I find it is. I tried 20plus backups all work. I used mios ten, you get a choice of 4 different ones. Had trouble with metal gear solid both discs on 1 disc, but works fine now

15. Someflammablekid

United States
  16. nitrostemp

Australia
    rev17 is just as good as rev 14 for gc bacups

17. Someflammablekid

United States
    Ok i guess i'll go back to rev17. But it still doesn't fix my problem of gamecube backup launcher always giving me a green screen whenever i push "b" at the load.

I have a cmios. I have installed every kind of mios. The original mios patcher and wanin's cmios. I have tried all of the versions. Nothing works

18. nitrostemp

Australia
    what game is it that your needing to run with the B press

19. Someflammablekid

United States
    Trying to play Twilight Princess for the gamecube. Pushing "A" at the start up gives me some error.

20. nitrostemp

Australia
    what about pushing start for rebooter?