Homebrew Game translation

daandw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to translate/change text in a game? and play this version on a real 3ds?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since everybody here is refraining from mentioning the forum name, it's called the rom hacking and translations forum, found here :https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-rom-hacking-translations-and-utilities.276/. People here will have more of a knowledge on translation. Also, saying changing text in a game is extremely broad. You could say you want to learn a language, but when I'm done you can't just go to France. Just like how you can't learn how to rom hack 1 game and do it to all of them. Each game has its own files and format, and very few games are exactly alike in file systems. What games are you thinking about?

daandw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since everybody here is refraining from mentioning the forum name, it's called the rom hacking and translations forum, found here :https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-rom-hacking-translations-and-utilities.276/. People here will have more of a knowledge on translation. Also, saying changing text in a game is extremely broad. You could say you want to learn a language, but when I'm done you can't just go to France. Just like how you can't learn how to rom hack 1 game and do it to all of them. Each game has its own files and format, and very few games are exactly alike in file systems. What games are you thinking about?
I wasn't sure yet, but i didn't know it would be so complex. (i have modded a pc game before it had its own 'language' files so i thought maybe most games had that but anyway thanks for the reply)
It's literally a sub-forum here, you can find it in two fuckin' seconds man.
No swearing in my christian forum thread

Oops, it says 'translation' in the sub forum. didn't expect it was such a big thing, i apologize for not checking before creating a thread

Last edited by daandw,
Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol