Hacking Game tiles problem

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Gateway 3DS card and love it, but my eShop game tiles don't seem to love it so much.

I have my eShop games sorted into folders according to what game system they originally were on. Everything is in the correct folder on emunand, but all mixed up on sysnand. Additionally, since emunand is the only way to get into the eshop, I redeemed my Flipnote Studio 3D code in the eshop while on emunand, but every time I go to emudand, the 3DS acts like I never "opened the present" since downloading the software.

I know this is a lot of info and I admit it's a tall order, but any help would be most greatly appreciated. I'm sure there are plenty here who are much more knowledgeable with this stuff than I am.

Additional info: 3DS XL, sysnand version 9.2.0-20U, emunand version 9.5.0-22U

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of, with my limited knowledge on these kinds of things myself, is that maybe your emuNAND and sysNAND are linked, however, if that were the case, wouldn't you have other apps with the same issue? I myself have redeemed my code on emuNAND, and I have no such issue.

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of, with my limited knowledge on these kinds of things myself, is that maybe your emuNAND and sysNAND are linked, however, if that were the case, wouldn't you have other apps with the same issue? I myself have redeemed my code on emuNAND, and I have no such issue.

Flipnote Studio 3D is the only software I've downloaded while on emunand. Everything else was already there. So I'm sure that's why I have no trouble with other titles.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flipnote Studio 3D is the only software I've downloaded while on emunand. Everything else was already there. So I'm sure that's why I have no trouble with other titles.

Ahh, I see. Then you'll need to unlink sysNAND from emuNAND. Simply format sysNAND WITHOUT the SD card, and then reinsert it after it reboots. You shjould still have your emuNAND intact, however, you might have to reinstall whatever you had on sysNAND on emuNAND.

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I see. Then you'll need to unlink sysNAND from emuNAND. Simply format sysNAND WITHOUT the SD card, and then reinsert it after it reboots. You shjould still have your emuNAND intact, however, you might have to reinstall whatever you had on sysNAND on emuNAND.

been playing around with it for a bit, it seems what happens in sysnand affects emunand. I'm gonna try redoing all my folders, first in emunand then in sysnand. I could also put FS3D into my sysnand by copying it to my sd card from emunand system settings and then copying it back to sysnand system settings from sd card

Reactions: Zerousen

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlink your Nands and your problem is solved. There is no need to "play around with it".
That was already suggested, but thanks for the advice. By playing around with it, I only meant I was looking up info and doing research. I learned some things I didn't know, reall useful tidbits and tips & tricks. I am confident that what I learned will help.

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once I format the sysnand, how do I re-download all my games onto sysnand? 9.2 cannot use the eshop.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should redownload them on emunand, but you have to do it before the unlink.

If it's not already done, enter your NNID on emunand, then redownload all your games on emunand.

Then, once all your games are redownloaded on emunand, you can unlink sysnand and emunand.

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just use all your eshop games via emunand, and leave the sysnand as vanilla without anything

I'm not always around wifi, so that makes this a very difficult decision to make. No wifi means no emunand, and no emunand means no games.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have an android phone ? If yes, you can use go gateway. Or you can also choose to format the emunand instead of the sysnand.

Cartman401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downgrade your Sysnand to 4.5 and then set up the previous exploit via the blue card. Once you have done this you can enter gateway mode without wifi.

But bear in mind VC games from eshop won't work on emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on