Game server pinging tool?

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So, I'm wondering if there is any app or tool available that's sole purpose is to be able to check the pings of multiple game servers of different games to get an idea if there is anything wrong with your connection or just to test ISP routing. This is something I find myself needing often and since i'm thinking about changing my ISP, a tool like this would be really helpful in testing the new connection out.

I googled around a bit and can't seem to find anything proper other than this website called gameserverping.com which pretty much does what i'm talking about but doesn't have many games to test. If there isn't I would love to start working on an app like this on my spare time. But I haven't coded anything before and have little to no knowledge on programming.

Anyone know any app like this? Or better yet some advice on where and how to get started to make something like this, like which language to learn? I know you can make easy guis with C#. But idk...imma confused.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Erm...don't most games already have this built in? Can't say I've ever played a multiplayer game that hasn't in some way or another let me check my ping to whatever server I'm on, hence why you won't find third party tools like that around...cuz you can already do that.

You shouldn't even need to code anything to make it yourself really, just use the cmd prompt and ping the IP of the server. Literally that simple. At worst you'd need to figure out what the IP of the server you're connecting to is, but that's usually easy to find (either in-game or using netstat, also in cmd).

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ya..but, having to find the server ip and use cmd is what im trying to eliminate. Now that i think of it, people who cares about stuff like this wont mind using the cmd method anyway. Aw man, and i thought i had something going here... :(

Reactions: zxr750j

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc