Hacking Game order on G6 Lite

anotheruser22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to sort the order that games appear in the G6 Lite menu on the DS?

Not sure what determines the order the games are displayed, it doesn't appear to be alphabetical...I'd like to be able to have the games I play the most at the top so I don't have to scroll down to the bottom.....

Thanks

anotheruser22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd recommend not using this software it'll corrupt your G6 lite. Another user's reported the same problem here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35484&hl=fatsort

I now have 2 files and one folder left on my drive !!
mad.gif

1. [??w|.?
2. ??w

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Remember, this was one guy who said FATsort did this. One voice and only one voice claimed this. I have used FATsort well over a hundred times so far, and I have yet to see any issues occur.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all we know, he happened to plug the G6 into the already connected U-disk adapter, then replaced every single one of his games, then ran fatsort, then noticed it all stop working. Maybe he had done the wrong plugging order before and so thought it was OK to do, and figured the only thing different was the fatsort.

I'm another happy G6er who has used fatsort plenty of times with no problems.

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
I've Used fatsort a couple of times. I added "01, 02, 03 etc..." in front of the romnames in the order I wanted them to appear on the list - then deleted the numbers.

No problems. Though I think these types of programs can very occasionally cause corrupt files, but just back up your cart (or your saves) first if your that worried - whats the problem?

anotheruser22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know why it stuffed up my G6. All I did was load the program and click the button to sort (I didn't have any windows open). It stopped at a point (don't know how far through because the app doesn't tell you where it's up to) with an error saying it terminated or something.

I needed to reinstall all software and reload all games.

It was screwed before I unplugged and I never pull the cart out without using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option.

anotheruser22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've Used fatsort a couple of times. I added "01, 02, 03 etc..." in front of the romnames in the order I wanted them to appear on the list - then deleted the numbers.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think you're making work for yourself?
wink.gif
The G6 Lite will sort the games to the order you put them on anyway... why not just do that?

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Yep. It takes about 12 seconds to rename 12 roms ...and fatsort takes about 12 millisesonds.

...And the G6 lite gets the order mixed up once you start deleting and adding roms. It will only put them on in order after a clean format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: