Game loading problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by wirty91, May 1, 2010.

May 1, 2010

Game loading problem by wirty91 at 7:56 AM (539 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. wirty91
    OP

Newcomer wirty91 Newbie

Finland
    Hello,

Yesterday I put 3 roms to my Acekard 2i (worked fine with R4i GOLD) and Acekard 2i doesn't recognize them. The roms were:

Luigi & Mario: Bowser's Inside Story
    Drawn to Life
    Worms: Open Warfare 2

When I go to the games menu there is only a question mark instead of game icon. When I choose the game nothing happens (only little square flashes at the right corner) and when I choose properties there is no information about rom. I also have other games on that card but they work fine. [​IMG]

There are problems with .sav files? Games that work haves .sav file which are old .sav files from my R4i GOLD.

Please HELP me! I tried to google this problem but didn't get answer..

Ps. Yesterday I fought with Moonshell 2 and now this, ARGH!

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Usually if the Acekard shows a question mark for a file, instead of the game icon it's because it's an unrecognised file, or the file been corrupted somehow

It doesn't matter if the save file is 'correct' or not for the card - it should still see the game & display the Icon (It just means when it starts it won't load the save file & you lose you position in the game)

I can only think of a couple of things that might cause this

- Have you tried reformatting the MicroSd card (with the Panasonic formatter) & reinstalling the games ?
    - Have you tried 'clean dumps' of the games ? - it could be that the R4i has 'modified' the game file somehow (did you ever use cheats with these games, if so the R4i may've modified the code with the cheats)

3. wirty91
    OP

Newcomer wirty91 Newbie

Finland
    Crap..

I had to format my Micro SDHC card (files about 8gb). Games are now working [​IMG]