Game freezes

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AlexWittich, Nov 29, 2011.

Nov 29, 2011

Game freezes by AlexWittich at 6:01 PM (530 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. AlexWittich
    OP

Newcomer AlexWittich Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am fairly certain I have loaded everything onto my wii correctly. I am able to launch both skyword sword and mario galaxy 2. However, when i create a new profile and watch the first part of the video intros to the games, it goes to a screen like it should fade to the next part and the game freezes on that screen. Any ideas to what could be causing this?

2. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    "I am fairly certain I have loaded everything onto my wii correctly" ... yea, that tells us much >_>... cmon, how are we supposed to give any answer with such vague information as that?
    Im gonna take a shot in the dark and say your softmod is fucked.

3. AlexWittich
    OP

I used the latest versions of letter bomb. usb loader gx. ciosx rev21 installer. i installed the ios36 as instructed by the tutorial. Then i used the cios installer to install ios249. Im not really sure what all of this means. i just followed the lifehacker tutorial. If you can point me in any direction that might help you help me discern the problem i would appreciate it.

4. Lucif3r

Sweden
  5. AlexWittich
    OP

Here is my syscheck:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Lucif3r

Sweden
    Well all your required IOS's are stubs. So my "shot in the dark" was quite spot on.

Remod it with ModMii (run the wizard and follow the generated guide).

7. AlexWittich
    OP

ok will do. thank you. Guess the guide i used was bad. sorry for the ignorance.

8. AlexWittich
    OP

ok ive rehacked using modwii. got a little further into gameplay but then it crashed when i tried to open the game menu to save. now i am trying to restart it and it and skyward sword got stuck right after the load video.

9. AlexWittich
    OP

After further testing. Even if i stay on the usb loader screen and just mess around in the menues it eventually just freezes.

10. AlexWittich
    OP

Here is my most current syscheck file

I am still having trouble with freezes. I at first thought it was my hard drive causing it. but now i am not so sure. I see to get the freezes inside of any usb loader as well as inside of games, it always give me about 4-5 minutes once i start the usb loader and no matter what i do once i start it. and then is just freezes. this does not happen in Homebrew screens as far as i can tell.

11. crazycaveman

Newcomer crazycaveman Member

United States
    What drive are you using? Sounds like that's the most likely cause. Also, what version of Loaders are you using?

12. AlexWittich
    OP

I'm using a 500 gig seagate freeagent desktop. im using configurable usb loader. whatever version modmii spit onto my sd. im not sure how to check.

13. AlexWittich
    OP

I located an old WD drive. I am now using that with no problems. thank you all for your help