Game freezes

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by k03k, Nov 19, 2011.

Nov 19, 2011

Game freezes by k03k at 10:37 AM (568 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. k03k
    OP

Newcomer k03k Newbie

Netherlands
    Hi there,

I'm new to the whole Wii thingy
    I have a Wii, with Configurable USB Loader everything seems to work perfectly fine..

When i play New Super Mario Bros, i don't have any problems, but when i play Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, MW3 and Zelda (Twilight Princess), the sound gets kinda buggy, and then the game just freezes..
    the HD led stays on, and doesnt blink anymore..

Do you know what the problem is? i searched, but could find anything (maybe i didnt search good enough, sorry!)
    I have a Lacie Rikiki Black 500GB .. maybe it's not fast enough and crashes?

I hope somebody can help me! sorry for my bad english! :D

Rick.

2. hiddenforce

Newcomer hiddenforce Newbie

United States
    I am having the same issues with Mario kart, Zelda Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy, recently modded Wii and have had the issues since the beginning.

I am using USB loader GX Version: 2.3 r1123

Using a Seagate 1TB free agent GoFlex drive

ciosx_rev21

The freezing just stops the screen to move and the Wii stops recognizing any input.

I have attempted to run syscheck to post specs but it seems to hang, here is what comes out in the CSV.

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U
    The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)
    Hollywood v0x21
    Console ID: 126762128
    Boot2 v4
    Found 95 titles
    Found 32 IOS on this console
    Found 15 IOS Stubs on this console

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Just tried Zelda Skyward sword with a 16GB flash drive and it seems to have fixed it for Zelda, Will report back when I find out more.

3. hiddenforce

Newcomer hiddenforce Newbie

United States
    Ok so I found a list of compatible hard drives (I would link but it is to an external website). They spoke of some hard drives needing 'disc mode' enabled because some drives spin down and cause issues.

My question is now where am I supposed to do this, I am unable to find a setting in usb loader GX or CFG loader. Is there a way to modify the hard drive to do it?

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Update your cios's

rev21 had issues with some hard drives, install d2x v6 base 56 run your loader from this and see if things improve